Wave table (.wav) read and drag and drop import

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Wave table (.wav) read and drag and drop import

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:07 am

warpcanada wrote:For example, I have folders full of things like "violin_01.wav" through "violin_32.wav", which makes up 32 single cycle wav files which when placed end to end become a wavetable that generates a very violin like series of single cycle frames wavetable sounds.

As Krim mentioned, for now it would be easiest to create a single wavetable file (.wt) from those WAVs.
Here is the direct link to the simple tool we created for this purpose, dating back to Dune 2:
http://www.synapse-audio.com/Dune2wtMaker.zip

That said, drag'n'drop into individual wavetable slots would be useful I think :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby warpcanada » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:29 pm

Yeah, that would be useful. Also folders support under wavetables. I bought the MH pack and now I have 1000+ .wt files and scrolling through them in a single flat list is pretty non fun.
warpcanada
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:52 pm

Sub-folders are already supported in the Wavetables main folder.

D3 081023-1.png

Sub-folders within sub-folders are not. Well they are but all the WTs will be read in the same list regardless of what sub-sub-folders exist.

You'll have to do some organizing of the files until (if) reading of sub-sub folders are added. Maybe split the MH wavetables into separate main folders.

I can only view 46 WTs at a time without scrolling at 1080p so no matter what, viewing 1000 WTs is going to take some effort.

I'm pretty sure WT folders have been brought up before but I don't remember what the official response was. WT file handling could probably use some love.

Sub-sub folders are supported in the old pre-browser preset handling system and if we keep less than 224 presets files in a folder it will display horizontally allowing us to view all 224 at once which is why I still use the old method most of the time.

More than 224 files (I think that's the number, something close but over 200 for sure) then it kicks over to vertical display and then scrolling is needed. Perhaps something similar for the WTs might be worth considering. I think a dedicated browser for WTs might be overkill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Wishlist