Pls add ability to Dune 3 to read "common" wavetable formats

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Pls add ability to Dune 3 to read "common" wavetable formats

Postby themachinelt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 am

I would be awesome to simply just copy paste common type of wavetable format with .wav extention to be used in Dune 3 :-)
themachinelt
Novice

Re: Pls add ability to Dune 3 to read "common" wavetable for

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 pm

We can already import wavetables in .wav format into DUNE 3. Single cycle to build our own WTs slot by slot or multiple waveforms.

"Fit to Wavetable" imports into a predefined number of slots. "Adjust to Wavetable" creates the necessary number of slots that are in the wav file.

We can also export WTs in .wav format to use in other plugins that can import .wav files and don't have WT editors of their own (u-he's Hive for example)

(DUNE 3 can import Serum and Massive WTs in .wav format)

D3 011823-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:50 pm

Having ability to import is not ability to just copy paste whole serum wavetable folder and open in in Dune 3 ;)

You can do that in Serum, Hive, Phase Plant
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:07 pm

Simply copy the Serum WT folder and place it into DUNE 3's Wavetable folder or create another folder for WTs in .wav format. :wink:

D3 011823-2.png

It's the same way Hive handles .wav files except Hive doesn't have a WT Editor like DUNE 3 does.

Hive 011823.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:48 pm

Or we can convert the Serum tables to DUNE 3's .wt format and they'll show up in the drop down menu without having to open the WT editor.

That will take away the options Single Cycle, Fit to WT and Adjust WT but if you keep the original .wav files those options will still be available from the WT editor.

D3 011823-4.png
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Thank you. I tried copying wavetable folder and Dune 3 doesnt read the files.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:52 pm

Works here as shown above. Make sure you're not trying to load .wav files. They need to be in .wt format as I explained above if you want them to show in the wavetable list.

Again, you can load the .wav files and then save them as .wt in DUNE 3 format and then they'll show in the drop down list.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:26 am

Teksonik wrote:Works here as shown above. Make sure you're not trying to load .wav files. They need to be in .wt format as I explained above if you want them to show in the wavetable list.

Again, you can load the .wav files and then save them as .wt in DUNE 3 format and then they'll show in the drop down list.

Yeah but i dont want to make a cumbersome work of converting hundreds of tables. In most of synths you dont have to do that, you just load wavetable.wav
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:49 am

themachinelt wrote:In most of synths you dont have to do that, you just load wavetable.wav

Just like in DUNE 3:

D3 101823-1.png

Works perfectly for the Serum factory wavetables in .wav format. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:14 pm

Teksonik wrote:
themachinelt wrote:In most of synths you dont have to do that, you just load wavetable.wav

Just like in DUNE 3:

D3 101823-1.png

Works perfectly for the Serum factory wavetables in .wav format. :wink:

I mean you dont have to import, just copy paste the folder with the files and thats it :)
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:47 pm

You're not "importing", you're loading .wavs from a Folder with files in it. The difference being it can be any folder not just the user folder in Serum.

There is a two mouse click difference in the way Serum handles loading user .wavs and the way DUNE 3 handles loading .wavs.

Do you want development time spent on those two mouse clicks or on something that would actually improve DUNE 3? :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:55 pm

Teksonik wrote:You're not "importing", you're loading .wavs from a Folder with files in it. The difference being it can be any folder not just the user folder in Serum.

There is a two mouse click difference in the way Serum handles loading user .wavs and the way DUNE 3 handles loading .wavs.

Do you want development time spent on those two mouse clicks or on something that would actually improve DUNE 3? :?

This ability to load whole folder would actually improve Dune 3 :) so yes i want that thank you :) Also thro out the years you are most hostile Dune 3 fans ever, finding excuse on everything that is said against Dune. Dont be like that and let people say what they want, because i feel im being shut by you.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:21 pm

So me taking time out of my day to try and help you understand how DUNE 3 works is being "hostile"?

There is no point in loading a "whole folder" as you can only load one .wt at a time. You can already access whole folders now. You just have to understand how it works. I've explained it the best I can.

You certainly have a right to ask for whatever you want but then I also have a right to say "that's a waste of precious development time".

You want time spent on saving a mouse click or two but I'd rather that time be spent on things that actually make a difference in the type and range of sounds DUNE 3 can make. Because in the end it's a Synthesizer not an Excel spreadsheet.

Sure, if there were a half dozen people writing code for DUNE 3 then by all means add every little feature every person ever asked for, but there is only Richard and Marcin so time has to be prioritized.

In the end Synapse will do what they know is best but again if you're allowed an opinion then so am I.

In the meantime I have showed you how to use DUNE 3 now while you wait until (if) what you're asking for is added. You're welcome. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:33 pm

I'm a bit confused here....Will Dune load a Serum WT as is, or do you need to load the WT and convert then save? Never tried...so no idea what the format is
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:52 pm

I only have the Serum demo and all the wavetables are in .wav format. It only takes three clicks to load any of them from DUNE 3's WT editor page.

That gives us the options to import the wavetable with the number of slots it was made with "Import Wav (Adjust Wavetable)" or only import a set number of slots say 8 and so on "Import Wav (Fit to Wavetable)".

Serum will not see or load .wts made in DUNE 3, only those exported as .wav files but then you have to put them in Serum's "User" folder.

That means you have to make duplicates of every .wav so not very efficient. Serum is actually more limited in that regard
Teksonik
Godlike

Next

Return to Wishlist