Follow current pattern as opposed to previous in Song.

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby Dungeon Studio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Just so I can join Krim in a bottle of rum...

But this came up again for me, and is irksome. Wanted to play in a sax solo before the chorus and on out. Set the length to 260 on A3, cue up to the position in song, start record - and immediately the pattern goes to A1. So then I have to hit REC and then immediately jump to A3. I got a 8 bar count in at least - but throws me off going in cool and collected. Really should be looked into IMHO.

Okay Krim, I got the glasses if you got the bottle...
(Now if Rich does go at this request, you can call me 'shit' from then on Krim. ;) )
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:25 am

Surely it jumps to the correct pattern when it reaches the point where you want o start recording, doesn't it? if so, what's the problem. If not, then why not just set it up in Pattern mode and go from there?
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 am

No it reverts to the last pattern that was triggered in Song. The problem with Pattern is I'm trying to play in something that goes from verse to chorus to verse or break again - which are different chord transitions and such. So it would be nice in Song to have everything laid out, come up with a flute solo idea that bridges things, set up a empty A4, and record 'on the fly' for that specific period.
As the count in happens, and to see it jump to A2, and was my set up on A4, and oh crap, it's recording now! That's really frustrating.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Wishlist