Input on Skins Required

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Input on Skins Required

Postby user_45a27 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:52 pm

bones wrote:What do you think of this look? The second one is just to show you how it was built but it would make for some cool promo shots. I think we should call it Orion Snow or Orion Polar, just to stick it up Access.

I like it although I think it could look more 'technical' with less blur and smaller lines. Touch of blue,blue-grey and orange would make a great color scheme (look at FM8 from NI).
user_45a27
Apprentice

Input on Skins Required

Postby opi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 pm

pleasantly surprised
opi
Regular

Input on Skins Required

Postby grymmjack » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm

bones wrote:What do you think of this look? The second one is just to show you how it was built but it would make for some cool promo shots. I think we should call it Orion Snow or Orion Polar, just to stick it up Access.
http://www.novakill.com/stuff/GI_mockup-00.png http://www.novakill.com/stuff/GI_mockup-00P.png

nice!!!
Soundgasm | DesignerMonkey | Soundcloud | spotify:user:grymmjack
grymmjack
Apprentice

Input on Skins Required

Postby funky koval » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Very nice!
funky koval
Regular

Input on Skins Required

Postby cooliadh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:03 pm

I do believe that you do a good job on this skin and I really hate that people are bashing your work before they have seen anything! And that for two reasons: First, you are a graphical designer from your profession, and for that you always do stuff which fits not your personal taste in every case, BUT fits that the taste that the CUSTOMER wants.

Second: Many people forget, how long you're supporting the Orion community - you know Orion and its style and workflow...

By the way: It's a real nice preview of the mixer - although it could be 25-40% darker for my taste. And, maybe the elements could be some bit smaller.

Keep it goin'...

Greetz

C
Last edited by cooliadh on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Input on Skins Required

Postby cuppa » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:13 pm

looks great bones
cuppa
Regular

Input on Skins Required

Postby Teksonik » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:47 am

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!! Freakin' awesome. Fantastic work BONES. My appreciation is made that much deeper because I'm thinking you probably won't use this skin yourself so this is all for us. Thanks. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Input on Skins Required

Postby bones » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 am

JavierRubio wrote:That doesn't mean it's better.

Sure, but it's been like that for years and no-one has ever mentioned it before, which tends to make me feel it's OK. It also tells me that my skin is easier to read than the Default. In fact, when I noticed it I thought it was a cool idea.
cooliadh wrote:By the way: It's a real nice preview of the mixer - although it could be 25-40% darker for my taste. And, maybe the elements could be some bit smaller.

I have actually made it a little bit darker, percentages are meaningless in 3D so I'm not sure it's within your target range. I did it so that I could try making the knob markings and the lighter text white, and I think the result is better. It's still got a long way to go but so far all the feedback, here and on the beta forum, has been both helpful and encouraging.
The so-called "blurry" look is just the default anti-aliasing algorithm. I've already switched to something sharper, so don't worry about that.
Just remember, this is going to be the new Default skin, so I need as much practical feedback as possible. So far, I think the knob position needs to be more obvious, maybe my making the knobs themselves a little simpler [larger would be a last resort]. I might make the strips a little wider, so you can fit "Sampler #1" across a label. That should also allow me to make them a little shorter, so it's sacrificing one dimension for another. Any other comments will be taken on board, so fire away.
Last edited by bones on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Input on Skins Required

Postby Teksonik » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 am

See my post above for my feelings :D

Practical feedback. Nothing at this point since your screenshot is spot on what I had in mind. If the whole skin has that same level of polish and style it's going to put Orion way ahead of any other production software in my opinion. Just keep it up is all I can say. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Input on Skins Required

Postby ufo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 am

Great work mate.
I like the colour as is, but darker would prob be ok also.

Cheers
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Input on Skins Required

Postby Muse » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:13 am

If it's going to be the new "default" now then I definitely want to be able to still use the current skin. I would not use a white skin if I could help it. Now if there was a black version...
Muse
Regular

Input on Skins Required

Postby bones » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 am

There will be. Here's the latest iteration of what I've been working on. Knobs are larger and simpler and it has a bit of colour correction.

Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Input on Skins Required

Postby V/M » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 am

I like the adjustments to the text and that the red lines on the knobs seem to be a bit more pronounced bit longer. I suspect these knobs would be easier to use, though I miss the little indentation on the top in the previous version. the division between the level sliders and the EQ section by change in color is nice.

I preferred the color and lightness of the previous version.

I feel that 'HI' and 'LO' should be as 'LO MID' and 'UPPER MID'
and that '12k' and '80k' should be as 'G' 'F' and 'Q' in their treatment.
V/M
Professional

Input on Skins Required

Postby Richard » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:53 am

holy cow Bones!! That one is a MAJOR leap forward!! :D

two small things I noticed that should be very easy to fix:

+ flip LO MID text by 180 degrees (?) I know it's like in the current default, but in your skin there's no grouping lines like in current default skin, so it might be better to have it same
+ INS 1 should be INSERT 1 if there's enough space?
Richard
Synapse Audio

Input on Skins Required

Postby Eklectro » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 am

The shade is really nice. Really good work Bones.
Orion 8, Live 8Le, Cubase 4 LE, Cantana, APC40, UC16, Fostex PM1MKII, Q9550, 4G0, 1,5T, 22"+15"

http://soundcloud.com/eklectro/i-like-xylo-29-03-2011
Eklectro
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist