Pattern synced LFO, Effects everything (native stuff)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby matthy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm

What I love SOOO much of the Synth-1 and the Camelphat and much more Vsti's is that you can sync them on a pattern length

Example
1/4,1/8,1/16,1/16T,1/16* (bars) ect.

in stead of
0.124, 1.34, 2.54 (Hz)

sometimes (mostly) I want to use an LFO in the time sync of a pattern. I really miss this with native synths, and also the effects. This is probably the biggest reason why I don't use LFO's much in the native synths.

I would really love if this would be implemented and make LFO's at least for me Much more usesfull

Thanks for reading
Matthy
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Many synths and effects in Orion allow sync-to-tempo.

Furthermore, the LFO tool in Orion 8 will have a sync-to-tempo option, making it infinitely more useful than before :D
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Where did you see values in Hz? All I can see is this:

LFO Values
WaveFusion: 0-128
Wasp: 0-128 (also in Hz too)
Ultran: 0-128
Toxic III: Sync
Toxic 2: Sync
Screamer: 0-128

Wasp's LFO Rate, for instance, responds in Hz when Sync button is off (I think), but when it's on, it goes something like this, based on my observations (1 bar = 16 step pattern):
2 = 256 bars
4 = 128 bars
8 = 64 bars
16 = 32 bars
24 = 16 bars
32 = 8 bars
48 = 4 bars
64 = 1 bar (16 steps)
etc... all the way to 128, which is really fast

Plus, with the pattern sync'ed LFO tool in Automation Tracks you can achieve much more... or atleast you will, when O8 comes out ;)
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby matthy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:54 pm

OOO then i misunderstood. because i always saw the Hz next to the wasp I thought is was in Hz but it IS synced to the pattern parts. :)

Thanks for the explanation. however I think there are way more people who don't know of this maybe it should be a bit clearer in the bar below. like camel and Synth-1 did it 1/4,1/8,1/16,1/16T,1/16* ect. because i would really dont know what 45 for sync would be.

also for effects? like the phaser I cant see anything in the bar below (EDIT also with toxic's). And the effects itself say it in Hz. Is that possible synced (like 64 = 1 bar) and if so I would love to see these things below in the bar. :D

Thanks
Matthy
Last edited by matthy on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:34 pm

As far as I know, Toxic synths are VSTs, and readings don't work for VSTs, something about sending values to the host or something like that.
Someone else should answer why, but they don't, as any other VST plugin (synths and effects).

As for placing readouts on the status bar, all effects have values on their own windows, so it doesn't have sense to place it in the statusbar as well. Some effects can be synced, like Platinum Phaser for example (by selecting the sync'ed shapes). For others, you'll just have to listen for now, I'm afraid. And that basically goes for everything else. Listening is the key ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby uncadave » Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm

well, i'm hoping that what we're talking about here is, for example, when you open the piano roll and go to event editor, and select the lfo tool.....that's what i'd like to be able to sync. i do alright manually i s'pose, but can never seem to be
your freedom is directly proportional to your disposable income.
uncadave
Novice

Postby uncadave » Fri May 15, 2009 10:49 pm

....can never seem to be exactly perfect. if in the similar tool for editing song events in effects you could sync the lfo....cool cool.
in this upcoming function where you can lay song events in a track view (forget the verbage) if that lfo tool could sync...very nice. ;)
your freedom is directly proportional to your disposable income.
uncadave
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am

Wait for v8. Automation LFO tool has sync option there ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Wishlist