Full screen

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Full screen

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:31 pm

One thng I would find crippling without the task bar is acccessing and toggling between say opened WaveLab, calculators, chord chart displays, etc. Or just realising my web link to the forum is still open after being on OP for 3 hours.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Full screen

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Dungeon Studio wrote:One thng I would find crippling without the task bar is acccessing and toggling between say opened WaveLab, calculators, chord chart displays, etc. Or just realising my web link to the forum is still open after being on OP for 3 hours.

Full screen views are dynamic/adaptive; e.g. when you take and hold your mouse at the bottom of the screen, the task bar appears and you can use it, switch to other apps, etc.

Also there's shortcut/switch, like F11 in browsers.
Lance
Guru

Full screen

Postby V/M » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Dungeon Studio wrote:One thng I would find crippling without the task bar is acccessing and toggling between say opened WaveLab, calculators, chord chart displays, etc.

there is Alt-Tab
V/M
Professional

Full screen

Postby Dungeon Studio » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:51 am

So the Task bar is there, but isn't. And you have to go through one or two extra steps to get it when you don't really need to? Seems pretty crazy to me. Probably why I stick to OP and never try those other things. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Full screen

Postby bones » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 am

Right-click on the Taskbar, select 'Auto-hide taskbar" and apply. Now you simply have to move your cursor to the bottom of the screen and the Taskbar will pop back up. If you like it, you can keep it but I think it's a stupid waste of time. You can also use ALT+Tab, or the Windoze key + Tab in Vista, to be able to easily switch between applications without the Taskbar at all. I don't know how you can work in Windoze if you don't know it well enough to know these things, they are basic functions that have always been there [ALT+Tab since Windoze 3, at least].
LiquidProj3ct wrote:Without disturbing windows taskbar showing when I have the cursor at the bottom of screen, without ugly windows gui titlebar. Those elements needs a vertical space and they can un-focus you from the main app.

OK, I thought the original request was the most stupid thing I had heard in years but this is even more idiotic. Lance's screenshot shows an almost completely transparent title bar - you have to strain to see it. If you are so easily distracted by something that no-one else even notices, then I don't think Rich or Orion can help you, you need professional care.
In those screen shots the title bar is less than half the width of a Playlist channel, so the difference is not enough to allow you to see any more than you can already, making it a complete and utter waste of time.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Full screen

Postby matthy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Lance wrote:I don't see it. I just checked a v8 demo. Is it in v9?

FL has its own window system, but it isn't full screen. What's the shortcut?

My bad :shame:
however it did got rid of the ugly windows interface with the rest of its screens unlike orion. maybe thats why i thought it was full screen.
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Full screen

Postby Dungeon Studio » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:51 pm

I could see if the Windows Taskbar was a 'new thing'. But i've been living with it for nearly 15 years now. And screens and monitors getting so much bigger primarily (unless you got one of these 'mini laptops') I'm just really surprised at this sudden disdain for it and how it hinders creativity.

Like the old saying goes 'It's a poor musician that blames it on their instrument'.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Full screen

Postby LiquidProj3ct » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am

matthy wrote:My bad :shame:
however it did got rid of the ugly windows interface with the rest of its screens unlike orion. maybe thats why i thought it was full screen.

matty FL Studio has full screen, when you set task bar to autohide it won't showed never, even when you move the mouse to the bottom of screen. Pretty cool!
LiquidProj3ct
Regular

Previous

Return to Wishlist