Ability to trigger patterns via MIDI

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby JavierRubio » Tue May 25, 2010 10:24 am

Now that's nice.
I hope I can solve my Program Change issues. The computer seems to freeze for half a second or so when changing with my controller and behaves just fine when changing on the gui.
JavierRubio
Regular

Postby Mark » Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

Javier, it really is seamless here. I can thrash about with the PC knob (oo-er) and no glitches whatsoever. It changes mid-pattern to the correct point of the new pattern. Maybe it depends on which generator you're using?
Mark

Postby JavierRubio » Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 am

Maybe. I was using wavefusion, but it worked when changing the program on the gui.
The thing is that if it is working for everyone else I'll be able to make it work on my system too sooner or later.
I'll try it out again with midiox installed and diferent generators tonight...
JavierRubio
Regular

Postby Mark » Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 am

Just tested that and it's glitchy here too if you move the knob too quickly and skip through more than one preset in too short a time. I guess it's to do with the wavetables that need to be loaded up. How is it on WASP V for you?
Mark

Postby JavierRubio » Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 am

I guess it depends on the processor or/and hard drive speed your system has. I tried with wasp and there was almost not noticeable glitch when changing one preset at a time, but with wavefusion or the sampler there's no way I can use it for live purposes :(
JavierRubio
Regular

Postby Mark » Wed May 26, 2010 9:19 am

I think you'd have the same problem in all hosts. It takes a finite time to load samples and that's why you get the glitches, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Have you tried having two samplers or wavefusions running with one muted and the other playing where you change the prs/style on the muted generator? If that works without glitching maybe you could ping pong between two generators changing the muted one then unmuting it whilst muting the other (thus priming it for prs/style changing). If you get what I mean ;)
Mark

Postby JavierRubio » Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 am

yes I tried, and the problem is that all the audio stops, not only in the generator I'm changing the preset.
Now this problem could be adressed (I think) giving more priority to the audio than to anything visual or other processes. There are some hosts (I think again) that have this covered.
JavierRubio
Regular

Postby Mark » Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 am

I'll get on to Richard at the beta forum to see if there is anything he can do. I'll wear a tin hat in anticipation of an expected barrage of abuse :D
Mark

Postby JavierRubio » Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Good luck, but I don't think it's easy to rectify this, becouse it will be integrated in the core of the audio engine.
But I'm not a programmer (except for some processing and visual basic).

Thanks again markholtuk.
JavierRubio
Regular

Previous

Return to Wishlist