Graphic Equalizer

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Graphic Equalizer

Postby ufo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 am

I agree - but they are awesome. The only one I had actually used, until recently, that has the graphic readout is the Blue Cat one, and I have to watch the little read outs at the bottom to dial in my required freqs, not the 'graph'.

I just got the T-Racks Parametric EQ and it shows the values under the knobs as well as having the oscilloscope style display, but truly it is wasted space as I only dial in my settings (viewing the digit readout) then test with bypass switch or a/b compare.

I think the advantage of the graphic display such as the FabFilter EQ is you can grab that node and shift the freq and depth controls simutaneously.
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Graphic Equalizer

Postby V/M » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 am

ufo wrote:I think the advantage of the graphic display such as the FabFilter EQ is you can grab that node and shift the freq and depth controls simutaneously.
I love this.. the combination of visualization and interaction make it very usable. I have Simplon and the interface + the sound make it an excellent filter. If it also allowed display of the audio input/output "behind" the EQ graph, then it'd be even better and more useful.
V/M
Professional

Graphic Equalizer

Postby DaZoid » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 am

FabFilter rocks!
DaZoid
Guru

Graphic Equalizer

Postby bones » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:34 pm

ufo wrote:I just got the T-Racks Parametric EQ and it shows the values under the knobs as well as having the oscilloscope style display, but truly it is wasted space as I only dial in my settings (viewing the digit readout) then test with bypass switch or a/b compare.

I think the advantage of the graphic display such as the FabFilter EQ is you can grab that node and shift the freq and depth controls simutaneously.

I can grab the nodes on the Izotope one too, but most of the time I prefer to dial in the numbers, simply because it allows me to be far more accurate than the relatively small display. Dragging the nodes around lets you get to around 0.5dB accuracy, whereas the controls move in 0.1dB increments. I'd be perfectly happy without the graphical display.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Previous

Return to Wishlist