No microtonal support for Toxic??

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: No microtonal support for Toxic??

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:59 am

jlsmith wrote:Well. I just got the Orion 8 upgrade...and surprise! NO MICROTONAL SUPPORT FOR TOXIC??

Granted, the sounds on this synth are truly wonderful, but it is a HUGE disappointment that I can't use them for my micro-music -- the PRIMARY reason I upgraded to start with. I thought perhaps I missed the disclaimer that Toxic & Toxic III were VST PLUG-INS & not NATIVE to Orion 8, so I re-checked the page listing Orion's generators.

Nope, nothing there to indicate to customers that Toxic ISN'T a native synth, & thus bereft of microtuning support. I had to find out this sad fact after paying for the upgrade. Should I feel misled? Have I overlooked something important? Why on earth would Synapse bundle up 2 very nice synths into Orion without the tuning support the other synths share?

perhaps ypu should have done the sensible thng and asked here first before spending your money. Its a well documented fact that Toxic is a VSTi that is included in Orion.

jlsmith wrote: I think I'm much less inclined to endorse Orion to others again, until this issue is considered more carefully by developers.

threats wont get you anywhere, especially childish ones
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Christophe » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 am

jlsmith wrote:until this issue is considered more carefully by developers.

there is no developers but only one, you can see him hanging around under the name of Richard.
Richard does not have the code of Toxic III, it has been developed by Maxx Claster and superseded by Toxic biohazard and now part of imagine-line (home of FLstudio)
you can ask in the wishlist section of the forum for the support of micro tonal in toxic II as Rich own the source code and should been updated this year
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

Current state of Microtuning:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/orion8-comparison.php

Microtuning for Toxic 2 should be possible, for the Toxic 3 it is not (for its successor, it would be, but not for the current 32-bit binary).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:30 am

Also not mentioned in the list is the Acoustic Grand which does support Micro Tuning. :D
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 am

Also put Toxic-2 microtuning into beta. :)

That should leave just the Drum machines and T3.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Wishlist