Drag & drop samples

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Drag & drop samples

Postby Andy-b » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:21 am

Andy-b
Regular

Postby traumatek » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Kriminal

How silly of me - I didnt realise that ANY wished for feature that significantly aids workflows should be shouted down because faster approaches are just lazy.

Silly of me to think of a drag and drop feature - which many applications use! - would be a good idea.
No need for it, we can just spend 100s of hours ordering sample folders!
Presumably you think adding the favourites to the sample explorer was also needless
or that rich shouldnt include any more fx because people shouldnt be so cheap and should just buy them?

I very clearly pointed out to you that not everybody works in your ways. ie. you dont use many folders perhaps?

If you're working with samples externally in audio editors etc. then it's very handy to just drag samples over.

Just one sample disc can have samples spread over say 50 folders
I'm sure many here will have many sample discs - someone said they have 1TB samples!
No matter how well organised, that could mean a lot of to-ing and fro-ing in the Orion sample window, when the MUCH simpler solution would just be to have a few explorer windows left open and drag & drop!

If YOU dont like it, then just go away and ignore it. It's clear that you have real trouble comprehending that others may work in different ways - then have the insolence to call them lazy when you're simply just too ignorant to see the benefits of the suggested wish.

It's a wishlist Kriminal - if you dont like the idea, fck off and stick to suggestions you do like
traumatek
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm

traumatek wrote:How silly of me

correct

traumatek wrote:Silly of me to think of a drag and drop feature - which many applications use! - would be a good idea.
No need for it, we can just spend 100s of hours ordering sample folders!

you wouldnt have to spend 100's of hours 'ordering' folders if you organised them properly to start with

traumatek wrote:I very clearly pointed out to you that not everybody works in your ways. ie. you dont use many folders perhaps?

i have lots of folders, and i know exactly where they all are and exactly what is in them, i organised them

traumatek wrote:Just one sample disc can have samples spread over say 50 folders
I'm sure many here will have many sample discs - someone said they have 1TB samples!
No matter how well organised, that could mean a lot of to-ing and fro-ing in the Orion sample window, when the MUCH simpler solution would just be to have a few explorer windows left open and drag & drop!

it really doesnt matter what method you choose, if you havent organised anything you can be there all day looking for a sample

traumatek wrote:If YOU dont like it, then just go away and ignore it. It's clear that you have real trouble comprehending that others may work in different ways - then have the insolence to call them lazy when you're simply just too ignorant to see the benefits of the suggested wish.

if you learn to read properly you will see i am not against the idea. The problem is you seem to think it will compensate for your lack of organisation, which it wont, so i think its you who has trouble comprehending in this instance.

traumatek wrote:It's a wishlist Kriminal - if you dont like the idea, fck off and stick to suggestions you do like

thanks for the suggestion, i'll file it with the rest.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby traumatek » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:29 pm

'The problem is you seem to think it will compensate for your lack of organisation'

what lack of organisation is this exactly Kriminal?
a real lack of organisation or some silly fantasy you've ignorantly created based on your own misconceptions

As I very clearly said:
- many people use samples more than you - it isnt about being lazy or unorganised as you claim! You simply dont understand what I'm on about because you're narrow-minded
- if you have 1,000 sample folders, perfectly well organised by their orginal disk folder structures, it can be a LOT easier to have drag and drop from a couple of explorer windows
- if you want to leave many of the folders on original CDs or DVDs, they CANNOT be re-organised!

What an unpleasant bigot you are Lisa
traumatek
Regular

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm

That's enough now everyone. If you can't talk in a civil manner then don't talk at all.

Thread locked.
Mark

Previous

Return to Wishlist