DUNE 3 - Setting Osc Keytrack in Mod matrix

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 3 - Setting Osc Keytrack in Mod matrix

Postby lemonmanlemon » Fri May 19, 2023 12:23 pm

The manuel states: "This parameter sets the key tracking of the oscillator and is only available in the modulation
matrix. An amount of +100 corresponds to the regular key tracking"

I do not know what source and destination to set in the mod matrix to get this "regular key tracking".

Many thanks to anyone who can help.
lemonmanlemon
Novice

Re: DUNE 3 - Setting Osc Keytrack in Mod matrix

Postby Teksonik » Fri May 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Try this:

D3 051923-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Fri May 19, 2023 5:32 pm

lemonmanlemon wrote:The manuel states: "This parameter sets the key tracking of the oscillator and is only available in the modulation

I do not know what source and destination to set in the mod matrix to get this "regular key tracking".

Oscillators keytrack by default, no need to set that in the MM, so every key you press plays the correct/corresponding note/pitch

The only time I have used it, is to set keytracking to zero (using constant) for percussion sounds, so when a user presses any key, it sounds how it should.

At least I hope that's what it is.... :lol:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Fri May 19, 2023 6:51 pm

We can also use Const -100 to flip the keyboard so bass notes play at the top.

It's not clear what he's trying to accomplish since as you say key tracking is already in place.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Fri May 19, 2023 7:29 pm

Maybe he just came across it and wondered what it could be used for. I guess it's unusual in your average synth
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Mon May 22, 2023 1:31 pm

Why do people ask a question on any forum and then never come back to check for an answer? :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Mon May 22, 2023 2:37 pm

Could be because they don't see their question posted until a mod validate, so they don't think they will have an answer
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 pm

I saw it less than an hour after it posted. It took me a few minutes to make the screenshot. He did come back about 50 minutes after it posted but not since.

I was not aware that new members have to have their posts validated. But if that's the case it's probably not optimal since as you say it's possible "they don't think they will have an answer".
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Tue May 23, 2023 2:47 pm

The new member should usually receive a notification telling them that their post has been accepted.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 23, 2023 3:18 pm

How long does it usually take? Is the time posted shown the time the post was made or the time it was approved?

At any rate he came back 49 minutes later and not since (at the time of this post).

People take time out of their day to try and help and I find it rude for people to ask a question then never come back to check for an answer. It's not just here but other forums as well.

Oh well, I'm just in grumpy old man mode. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Tue May 23, 2023 4:39 pm

It will be at the time they submitted the post. Validation very rarely takes more than a day. Don't forget the moderators have jobs and families to serve as well, but we do try to check as often as possible.

The validation is necessary as there is also a lot of crap submitted, sometimes with dodgy links etc.
Mark

Postby Christophe » Tue May 23, 2023 5:05 pm

I try to check every hour from 9 to 23 CET :cowboy:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Mark wrote:Don't forget the moderators have jobs and families to serve as well, but we do try to check as often as possible.

I didn't forget I just didn't know Mods had to approve new posts. If you need help I'm free most days.

Christophe wrote:I try to check every hour from 9 to 23 CET :cowboy:

Having someone not on European time might be a good idea. I just checked and the current time in Paris is 12:36am while it's just 3:36pm here. :)

So back on the subject of this thread I guess we don't know if he didn't see his post and gave up or found the solution himself or what.

I'm happy to help people when I can but it's hard to help someone when they don't come back....for whatever reason. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby lemonmanlemon » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:16 pm

Kriminal wrote:
lemonmanlemon wrote:The manuel states: "This parameter sets the key tracking of the oscillator and is only available in the modulation

Oscillators keytrack by default, no need to set that in the MM, so every key you press plays the correct/corresponding note/pitch

The only time I have used it, is to set keytracking to zero (using constant) for percussion sounds, so when a user presses any key, it sounds how it should.

At least I hope that's what it is.... :lol:

Thank you for the answer, i some what suspected it was by default but i wanted to check given the wording in the manual.
lemonmanlemon
Novice

Postby lemonmanlemon » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:22 pm

Teksonik wrote:Why do people ask a question on any forum and then never come back to check for an answer? :?

Mod was right, i didn't see the post validation then got on with other things and forgot about the post. I came back due to having another question :lol:
Nice to know the forums are active and very vigilant.
lemonmanlemon
Novice

Next

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)