The Legend sounds different

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend sounds different

Postby Despondo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm

I opened up a song I wrote using The Legend for all tracks, and it now sounds different. I had not opened the song in some time, but wanted to master the track, so I opened it on my MBP (MacOS Mojave). The track was originally produced on my iMac (MacOS Sierra) and was previously exported from there. I will load it up on that machine later today to see if it sounds like the original track, but wanted to post here to see if others have experienced this issue.
Despondo
Novice

Re: The Legend sounds different

Postby Kriminal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 pm

might need a bit more info than "sounds different"
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Despondo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 pm

I'll put together some samples of the same part of the track where they sound different and link to it here.

I originally wrote the song in Reason on May 8,2018 and uploaded it to Allihoopa, where it sounds exactly like it did in my DAW. When I opened it up today in Reason (on two different computers), a couple of the patches sound completely different. This file has not been opened since that original date.

The patches are directly from this soundset (https://www.synapse-audio.com/tlmodernanalog.html) and are unmodified.
Despondo
Novice

Postby Despondo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:26 am

I found the problem....When I open up the song, for some reason, that patch plays as if the Modwheel is set to 127 even though the track data shows it at 0. I had to manually draw in CV data to force it to 0 at the beginning of the song, and that fixed it!
Despondo
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)