Odd Behavior with Dune 3

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Odd Behavior with Dune 3

Postby DonnieAlan » Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm

I don't think this is a bug with Dune 3, which is why I'm posting this here instead of as a bug report. I use Reason (version 9.5)often to create setups I use for playing live with my church's worship band. Basically what I do is design patches for the songs and then put all the VI's and whatever else I'm using in the Reason rack and assign MIDI channels accordingly. I use my church's Yamaha MOXF keyboard to play everything and normally set up everything in the MOXF's Master mode, allowing me to set up up to 4 "zones" where I can layer or split sounds. That way I only need to push one button on the MOXF to call up all the presets I need from Reason for any one song. It works great!

Until...I wanted to use a couple of patches from Dune 3. The patches I wanted to use only used 1 of the Dune voices. So I saved it in the rack on Reason, assigned it the correct MIDI channel and set up the Master mode on the MOXF. So far so good. However, when I would switch from one preset on the MOXF to another, and then back to the one playing Dune, it changed the Dune patch. Instead of 1 voice it jumped to 6 on the same patch I wanted to use. Normally that's not a major issue, except in this case, it causes CPU issues as Dune is a bit of resource hog. What I could NOT figure out is where the command was coming from to tell Dune to change that 1 parameter in the patch. As far as I can tell, that is the ONLY thing that changes.

To make things more interesting, I put Dune into a Combinator on the Reason rack and then assigned the Combinator to the same MIDI channel and killed the Dune standalone off the rack. And that works. Its okay to do it that way...I use Combinator all the time.

For the life of me, though, I can not figure out what MIDI command is telling Dune 3 to change the voice number parameter from 1 to 6. It did that on 2 different patches on different MIDI channels. I use a wide variety of VI's in Reason for live playing in the exact same way I described above dozens of times and this is the very first time this issue has arisen. Its puzzling and odd. It could be a bug in Reason itself. I just don't know what to look for or even where to look for it. Can anyone shed some light?
DonnieAlan
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)