Obsession soundbanks

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Obsession soundbanks

Postby Teksonik » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:25 pm

mrlucmorin wrote:TO ALL OF YOU POINTING ME TO 3RD PARTY PATCHES AS IF I WAS TOO DUMB TO FIND THEM, THE TRIAL VERSION OF OBSESSION DOESN'T ALLOW LOADING OF 3RD PARTY PATCHES/SOUNDBANKS. AS BONES SAYS SO WELL "EDUCATE YOURSELVES"

YEA I GET THAT, LIKE I SAID.....

Teksonik wrote:I did help you out by providing links to more patches even though the Demo can't load them but just to let you know they exist. I had better things I could have done today than trying to help you out so again you're welcome.

------
mrlucmorin wrote:I have no time to waste with the type of persons hanging around here.

And we have no to time to waste with spoiled little bitchy drama queens who come here with a rude attitude and expect to be treated with more respect than they give.

The decision was made to limit the OBsession Demo to 46 patches instead of crippling with 10 minute time outs or annoying noises.

Here's an 80 page thread full of people who happily purchased it with the current demo restrictions so good luck getting Synapse to change it just for you.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... n#p7848267
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 am

mrlucmorin wrote:The trial version of Obsession only ships with ~50 patches (if that), and won't allow me to load any 3rd party patches, so as you said yourself so gently to another user on this forum, "educate yourself before speaking".

How is 50 not enough for anyone to evaluate any instrument, especially given all the other available resources? This is even more true if you are concerned how accurate an emulation is, as there are more than enough comparisons and reviews to give anyone confidence. Given that you all but admit to not being much of a patch programmer yourself, I'd have thought 3rd party reviews would be an important part of your decision process anyway.

That said, it seems like a really weird thing for Synapse to do. I can't think of any other VSTi I have tired that doesn't ship the full factory bank with the demo version. I will ask Rich about it but it's likely the alternative to having noise every 30 seconds, which is a problem I still have with ANA, even thought I bought a license months ago.
All I asked was if there was any possibility for more presets so I can better evaluate. That's being an asshole for you? Admittedly, when I read your posts on this forum, you treat everyone as an asshole, so you probably don't how to make the difference anymore

It may not have been your intention but you came across in your first post as a know-nothing whiner.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm

bones wrote:That said, it seems like a really weird thing for Synapse to do. I can't think of any other VSTi I have tired that doesn't ship the full factory bank with the demo version. I will ask Rich about it but it's likely the alternative to having noise every 30 seconds, which is a problem I still have with ANA, even thought I bought a license months ago.

I've seen quite a few plugins that ship with a small batch of demo presets only, or even none at all.

The presets are an important part of the value of our plugins. Quite a few presets end up in commercial productions, so we believe it is only fair to pay for them as part of the full version. We understand most trial version users only want to evaluate, but some users will just take whatever they can and disregard the license agreement (prohibiting commercial use of the free trial version).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Kriminal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:47 pm

mrlucmorin wrote:
tommym wrote:Luc, the reactions you are getting are a little cold because of the tone you adopted in your first and subsequent messages.
1) you are not bringing a lot to the party: you already have what you seem to think is superior, so why put this one down? Just move on.
2) you make nasty comments about others living in their parents' basements.
3) you admit that you don't program yourself, and this is a wonderful piece of software for those who do. Maybe it's just not for you.
4) you seem to be mostly interested in recreating patches from old songs, which is fine, but as that's already done elsewhere, why ask for it here?
5) your original claim that there are just not enough sound banks for it seems, if you don't mind, kind of smug. It's not the #, it's the quality of sounds. (and the editing interface, though that wouldn't apply in your case.)
6) sorry to be nasty back at you, but someone needed to burst that bubble. i'm usually a nice guy, but meanness bothers me.
7) it almost seems like you want the Demo to have all the sounds so you won't have to buy it. But you own Dune, so I can understand that. I played an OB-Xa a lot in 1981 and find a magical connection between that sound and Obsession's. Like you, I've been looking around for that magic in a VI, and though SEM had some of it; that OP-II had some, Synsonics has some, I wasn't satisfied by any of them. For me, Obsession is similar enough, and yet slightly different, knob-wise, to be Just What I Wanted. Maybe when that Behringer hardware one comes out, you'll find your dream machine!

Tommyn,

The VERY FIRST reaction (reply) I got was "so you can't program your own sound?". Tell me again who's smug?

it was a simple question, a simple yes or no would suffice, I don't see what the problem is with the question....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)