Upgraded Legend from 1.00 to 1.40 on Mac/Cubase Pro

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Upgraded Legend from 1.00 to 1.40 on Mac/Cubase Pro

Postby MarkJohnson » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 pm

I’ve upgraded The Legend from 1.00 to 1.40. I use it on a MacBook Pro with Cubase Pro 11. I now have both the old version and the new version installed. Both versions are listed in the Cubase VST Plug-in Manager

1. Is there any reason I should consider maintaining a copy of each? If not, how do I uninstall and remove the old version?

2. Also, I am not able to access my own patches that were saved in version 1.00 from version 1.40. How do I resolve that?

Thanks,
Mark Johnson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Johnson
MacPro 11.2.1, Cubase Pro 11.0.10
MarkJohnson
Novice

Re: Upgraded Legend from 1.00 to 1.40 on Mac/Cubase Pro

Postby Teksonik » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:52 pm

One is the VST 2.4 version and the other is the VST 3.7.1 version. It depends on which you want to use. You can keep both installed.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/vst-2 ... es-you-do/

I don't own a Mac so can't help with uninstalling if you wish.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Marcin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Is there any reason I should consider maintaining a copy of each?

As @Teksonik said, one is VST 2 and one is VST 3. Which one of these do you prefer to use?

If you prefer to use VST 2, then please remove the bundle in the following location:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Legend.vst3

If you prefer to use VST 3, then please remove the bundle in the following location:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Legend.vst

Also, I am not able to access my own patches that were saved in version 1.00 from version 1.40

What is the location of the patches you stored in version 1.00? The version 1.40 should read previously stored patches.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby MarkJohnson » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 pm

I would think I would want to use the current VST3 version. I'm not sure why I would want to use an older version.

I’m assuming VST3 is better than VST2. Is there more to the choice of picking one over the other?

Mark
Mark Johnson
MarkJohnson
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:46 am

Teksonik
Godlike

Postby MarkJohnson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Thanks for the articles. I can't think of a single reason to keep the VST2 version, so I'll delete it and point the new version to where I've stored my own patches for the previous version.

Thanks all!

Mark
Mark Johnson
MarkJohnson
Novice

Postby MarkJohnson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:43 pm

I discovered why my new installation of The Legend can’t find my user presets for the previous version: Each version stores a copy of user presets in a separate folder (the old version stored them in /Legend/ and the new version stored them in /The Legend/

/Users/[username]/Library/Audio/PresetsSynapse Audio/Legend/
/Users/[username]/Library/Audio/PresetsSynapse Audio/The Legend/

See attached pic.

So I dragged and dropped my old ones into the new folder, opened a new project in Cubase, loaded The Legend ver 1.4, went to open one of the user presets and the only one that was available was a new test preset I created from ver 1.4. I went to Cubase’s Media Bay and did a rescan of my hard disk to pick up their location. The old patches still don’t show up. Media Bay sees where they are, but the new application doesn’t.

Any suggestions?

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Johnson
MarkJohnson
Novice

Postby Marcin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Those formats are Cubase's internal preset format. To move these presets to the VST 3 version of The Legend, a manual resave is needed. Please open each preset in the VST 2 version of The Legend, then save them as fxp files from the plugin's view (top-right side of the plugin and "save" icon). Then in the VST 3 version load the fxp presets (top-right side of the plugin and "load" icon) or put the fxp files in a custom folder inside "/Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Legend/Soundbanks" (where the factory patches reside as well).
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby MarkJohnson » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi Marcin,

This seemed simple enough, so I moved the .vstpreset files back to the older Legend folder, opened a Cubase project with both versions of Legend, and re-scanned the Media Bay so that the old version could find the presets (which it did).

From the old version of Legend I loaded each preset and then saved as FXP by clicking on the floppy disk icon in the upper right. Each save indicated a location of /Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Legend/Soundbanks. I went to that location from Finder and could only see /Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Legend with an updated file called Legend.cfg (time stamp from when I was saving the FXPs) and an older (last November) file called Midi.CC. There was no SoundBanks folder and there were no .FXP files at that location.

I’m at full stop. Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Johnson
MarkJohnson
Novice

Postby Marcin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 pm

It looks that you have navigated to the users's Library location. Please navigate to the drive root's /Library.
You may also locate the folder by Finder's "Go -> Go to folder" option menu and type the location in the folder field:
/Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Legend
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby MarkJohnson » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Excellent! I got it working. I pulled all of my FPXs into a custom folder within Soundbanks and I can see them and their folder from the folder icon in the upper right as well as listed in the dropdown of all the presets.

I'm still learning the Mac folder architecture so thank you for your patience.

Loving this VST!!

Thanks!

Mark
Mark Johnson
MarkJohnson
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)