USING CHORDS WITH THE ARP IN DUNE 3

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

USING CHORDS WITH THE ARP IN DUNE 3

Postby telsmusic » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Hello

I have just joined the form and purchased my Dune 3 last week. So far I really like the sounds in Dune 3, the arps and sequenced parts give great ideas for new compositions, when I use one of the presets to start a new song I would like to be able to continue using the sounds after the intro by turning off the sequencer or arp off so I can create my own chords using the same sounds, is this possible ?
telsmusic
Novice

Re: USING CHORDS WITH THE ARP IN DUNE 3

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Certainly just make sure the Arps are turned off for each Voice. Make sure the All button is lit then click on/off each Arp button and that will ensure they are off for all Voices. That will require you to use two instances, one for the Intro and one after but the Arp buttons can be Midi Learned and they show up on the list of parameters so you could automate them on/off if you prefer.

D3 .png-.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Dune has buttons to turn Arps on and off. It's right there in the "Common/Voice Edit" section, on the right side.

In some cases, where MSEG's have been used, for example, to add like a rhythmic component to the preset, you might need to solo voices.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:01 pm

You might also want to check the mod matrix to see if Arp Note and Arp velocity have been as modulation sources. You'll need to change these to keytrack and velocity respectively.
Mark

Postby telsmusic » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Wow

What’s great helpful forum. I can check things out now I have some idea of what I am doing. Thank you to all who answered.

Terry.
telsmusic
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)