Key Range Per Voice? Dune 3

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Key Range Per Voice? Dune 3

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 am

I think i know the answer to this (no) but just wanted to confirm. Is there a way to set the key range per voice in Dune 3?
MattLeschuck
Novice

Re: Key Range Per Voice? Dune 3

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:09 am

No :lol:

It's been requested many times, but looks like it won't happen.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:14 pm

It's a shame too as Key Range would really expand DUNE 3 a lot especially now there is single sample import. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I just recently got Parawave Rapid (reminds me of Dune a bit in the work flow) and this is one feature they do really well.

Hopefully it finds its way into Dune at some point. Currently i just use a Combinator in Reason to get a dedicated Key Range for Dune. A work around at least.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Well I hate to compare but Rapid nails the key range feature. To be honest every feature I've ever asked for in DUNE is in Rapid but D3's core sound quality is far superior in my opinion.

Rapid's feature set with DUNE 3's incredible high quality sound would be the synth to rule them all...... 8)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 pm

Teksonik wrote:Well I hate to compare but Rapid nails the key range feature. To be honest every feature I've ever asked for in DUNE is in Rapid but D3's core sound quality is far superior in my opinion.

Rapid's feature set with DUNE 3's incredible high quality sound would be the synth to rule them all...... 8)

I agree with everything you're saying. I have yet to find a synth that sounds as good as Dune 3 in sound quality (and i own Phaseplant, Hive 2, Pigments 3, Europa, Thorn and now Rapid). Heck i even like its GUI and workflow the best. That said, Rapid is close in terms of work flow and look. The layering and 3 voices per layer reminds of Dune and I find it very easy to look at. Sound quality is still pretty good and im much happier with it than Pigments 3 that i got not too long ago.

I see this fitting right under Dune and close to Europa and Thorn. Im looking forward to really digging into it.

With all that, Dune 3 is still a clear favorite for me :).
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby New Loops » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:44 pm

Key range would be awesome to do splits like bass-keys, pad-seq, ect… hopefully one day! :D
New Loops
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)