Dune 3 Mod Matrix "Voice #" ?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 Mod Matrix "Voice #" ?

Postby MattLeschuck » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:43 am

I know Dune 3 pretty well and have built a lot of patches for it, but every time i dig through the mod matrix I see this as a source. But im not exactly sure how it works as i generally here no difference, or when i do, i can't quite grasp what is happening.

Any info on what this does and where you would possible apply it would be helpful :)
MattLeschuck
Novice

Re: Dune 3 Mod Matrix "Voice #" ?

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:11 pm

One example that you can try is to set Voice # to Pitch Semi and enter +12. Set the number of voices to 4-8. Set osc1+2 to sine waves with -12 and -5 semitones respectively

This mod matrix entry will increase the pitch for consecutive voices by +12. Add some reverb and hey presto, instant pipe organ :lol:

Another good use is to set up a resonating band pass filter and use Voice # to increase the cutoff frequency to get some formant/resonator effects. Adjust the starting cutoff and resonance to taste.
Mark

Postby Christophe » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Mark you should launch your YouTube channel tutorial :dance:
Happy new year :music:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby MattLeschuck » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:14 pm

Mark wrote:One example that you can try is to set Voice # to Pitch Semi and enter +12. Set the number of voices to 4-8. Set osc1+2 to sine waves with -12 and -5 semitones respectively

This mod matrix entry will increase the pitch for consecutive voices by +12. Add some reverb and hey presto, instant pipe organ :lol:

Another good use is to set up a resonating band pass filter and use Voice # to increase the cutoff frequency to get some formant/resonator effects. Adjust the starting cutoff and resonance to taste.

Is this just simply applying the Voice # you choose (layer 1-8 that Dune has) to a target? Similar to using audio rate modulation with an OSC and filter cutoff for example? Sorry if its a dumb question, but im just not quite wrapping my head around it yet. As in what is exactly happening.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:45 pm

EDIT: OK I think I've got it now. Don't select a Voice number in the Voice box of the Matrix, leave it set to "---". Selecting Osc 1 Detune (Or Osc Sync VA Freq etc) and adding an AMT has no effect on Voice 1 but does have an ever increasing effect on subsequent voices. Voice 2 is affected, Voice 3 is affected more etc. So it's a cumulative effect.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 pm

Teksonik wrote:EDIT: OK I think I've got it now. Don't select a Voice number in the Voice box of the Matrix, leave it set to "---". Selecting Osc 1 Detune (Or Osc Sync VA Freq etc) and adding an AMT has no effect on Voice 1 but does have an ever increasing effect on subsequent voices. Voice 2 is affected, Voice 3 is affected more etc. So it's a cumulative effect.

This!
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:21 pm

Christophe wrote:Mark you should launch your YouTube channel tutorial :dance:
Happy new year :music:

I wish I had time! Happy New Year to you too!
Mark

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)