Bring back Dune 1

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Bring back Dune 1

Postby db0t » Sat May 13, 2023 9:49 am

Dune 2/3 are great synth, but they're really different from Dune 1 and in my opinion just different synths.

I think it would be fantastic if you would rerelease Dune Classic with VST3 support and no added features just to keep it alive.
It's really a classic VST and shouldn't disappear like that <3

Please consider.
db0t
Novice

Re: Bring back Dune 1

Postby Teksonik » Sat May 13, 2023 1:09 pm

You asked the same thing over two years ago and never got a response. What makes you think the result will be any different this time?

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13004&p=119800#p119800

It's not just VST 3 support, people will then want a resizable GUI so they can use it on modern resolutions, then they'll expect a preset browser, then they'll want Mac M1/ M2 support and it would have to be updated every time Apple changes a line of code in their OS and so on.

All that just to end up with a product that would compete for sales with their flagship synth DUNE 3.

I've seen maybe three or four people ask for DUNE 1 back so if you think it through it really makes no sense for Synapse to put in all that time and effort. It would make much more sense for them to put that time and effort in to DUNE 3 or new products.

I think you can still get Dune CM 64 bit from Computer Music magazine and if your DAW doesn't support VST2 then you need to contact them. Isn't there a VST2 to VST3 wrapper for Cubase users?
Teksonik
Godlike

Re: Bring back Dune 1

Postby Kriminal » Sun May 14, 2023 7:43 am

Yeah, it's not going to happen. Dune was replaced by V2, then V3 years ago. You have to just move on.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)