Pitch wheel is incorrect?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Pitch wheel is incorrect?

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok here's a good one...if I set FL's Pitch Bend Range to 12 all of the synths I just tried only bend +- 2 notes (with the Mod Wheel from my Controller). If I set it to 2 they will all bend +- 12 (if set internally)...if I set FL's Range selector to off the synths will only bend +- 2 no matter what they are set to internally.....bizarre.....it serves as a reminder why I no longer use FL to play synths... :lol:

By the way Dune's Pitch Bend range is +- 64 although I don't know why anyone would want to bend that far unless they want to annoy the dogs or find the Brown Note...... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby djfonplaz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 am

No man, tested only with Mouse, not with an external control! Sorry, I don't know... if anyone says it will be nice, because in future I think I'll connect a device to Hydra :)
djfonplaz
Novice

Postby djfonplaz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 am

Teksonik wrote:it serves as a reminder why I no longer use FL to play synths... :lol:

I've opened a thread on image-line official forum : http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 41#p640941

Maybe this can help you! I find FL Studio a good sequencer... I just need to know some tips/behaviour and that's ok :)
djfonplaz
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 pm

djfonplaz wrote:Maybe this can help you!

I don't need any help. There are several reasons why I no longer use Fruity for composition or playing synths. Take layering synths for example. You have to create a Layer channel, then set Children and then the Layer doesn't pass on Pitch Bend or Mod Wheel information to it's children which makes it useless. I could use Patcher but again it doesn't pass on the Mod Wheel and it's too much work to load up synths, connect outputs etc when I can just layer up synths in Orion and know they will respond correctly to PB and MW.

Fl is as a good tool for manipulating audio (Pitcher, Newtone, Vocodex) to export to other apps but as a tool for composition I no longer need it .......I only fired it up to test your Hydra issue......
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)