Rack Extensions

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Rack Extensions

Postby downi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 am

Teksonik wrote:As a VST yes I've suggested this before....as a Rack Extension......No.

This answer is not accepted!
downi
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

downi wrote:
Teksonik wrote:As a VST yes I've suggested this before....as a Rack Extension......No.

Sorry. Why would I want a Rack Extension when I don't own or won't ever own Reason? Any time spent developing an RE version of the IRP would be time taken away from a VST version that I could and would actually use.....

Any time wasted on Rack Extensions is lost to those of use don't own Reason. Pretty simple really.

If Rack Extensions are a good source of income for Synapse then I fully understand them spending time on developing RE's but that's time they could be using to develop Dune 2 and Orion further......both of which I use every day.

It's a two way street. Any time Synapse spends on Dune 2 is time they won't spend on Rack Extensions so the Clash of Cultures will continue......
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby downi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Teksonik wrote:
downi wrote:

Sorry.

Hey, it was a joke! :D

Orion has a response processor, so for me it is a logical way to develop a RE!
Only if development is really fast and the source code is simple to transfer to RE SDK. :idea:
downi
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:34 pm

That's the thing.....we've never been given an answer about a VST version of the IRP but if I remember correctly there was some indication that it's efficiency is due in part to the fact that it's running inside Orion. I'm not too sure how well it would translate to either VST or RE format. Could be tons or work or maybe not, might perform just as well or not...

Hard to tell which would sell better, the VST or RE. I'm sure the Reason community would snap it up but the sheer number of vst users might outweigh their enthusiasm. Hard to tell without the numbers in front of me.......

At any rate my personal desire is that since it appears development time is precious right now that the efforts of the Synapse team should be directed at Dune 2 then on to Orion again since I'm well set for Convolution Reverbs.....but like I said if Rack Extensions are generating a lot of profit I can't blame the guys for focusing in that direction.....everybody's got a family to feed...... :)

And in the end you could get the Impulse Response Processor today......just Buy Orion......... :mrgreen:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby downi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Teksonik wrote:And in the end you could get the Impulse Response Processor today......just Buy Orion......... :mrgreen:

Absolutly agree to your comment!

But one thing: I got Orion since Version 3.xx(Hardbox,CD)! :wink:

I have some problems with 32bit-VSTi on a Windows 7 64 bit under Orion 64bit, and since that, I lost my focus on Orion!
I wanna make music, and not spend hours by hours of troubleshooting to make a VST to work! :cowboy:
downi
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:01 pm

downi wrote:I wanna make music, and not spend hours by hours of troubleshooting to make a VST to work! :cowboy:

That's why I've stuck with WinXp 32 bit. I don't spend hours trying to force things to work in an environment they weren't intended to function in.....when they start making plugins that are only 64 bit then I'll worry........

I also don't spend hours wishing for plugins in a special format just so I can use all the great tools that everyone else has been using.......for years....... :P
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm

dunno what the fuss is about...i was a bit dubious but i went from xp (7 years) to win7 64bitlast year with no problems

i just install

C/VST32
C/VST64
C/DavesPrograms

works a treat, never had one admin issue or any other musical technical issues. all my 32 bit stuff works as expected, all old stuff works fine, no problems.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby downi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Kriminal wrote:dunno what the fuss is about...i was a bit dubious but i went from xp (7 years) to win7 64bitlast year with no problems

i just install

C/VST32
C/VST64
C/DavesPrograms

works a treat, never had one admin issue or any other musical technical issues. all my 32 bit stuff works as expected, all old stuff works fine, no problems.

Lucky man!
I had a lot of that issues, and my lifetime is to important so solve such problems. I know, its not the problem of Orion, more a problem between 32bit and 64bit plugins. But hey, its not my problem anymore ! 8)
downi
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Never had any issues here either. Win7x64 + Orion 32-bit + 32-bit VSTs = still making music :mrgreen:
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby traumatek » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

bones and Kriminal, I'm sorry but you're again missing the point

While YOU may be happy to sit there twiddling knobs all day, the vast majority of people dont have the time or the inclination
Is it that difficult for you to see that others might work in different ways from you
and if others like things differently, then that's valid

At the end of the day, if people want presets that can be saved, they'll most likely opt out and use plug-ins that can
traumatek
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm

traumatek wrote:
While YOU may be happy to sit there twiddling knobs all day, the vast majority of people dont have the time or the inclination

you mean they dont know how a plugin with 4 knobs actually works

traumatek wrote:Is it that difficult for you to see that others might work in different ways from you

no, buty its easy to see people whoi are too lazy to learn how stuff works and do it themselves instead og being spoonfed the simplest of things

traumatek wrote:At the end of the day, if people want presets that can be saved, they'll most likely opt out and use plug-ins that can

good for them, bye.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby warriorfullights » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 am

They should hasten there way of developing it. Image
warriorfullights
Novice

Previous

Return to Wishlist