Antidote: More delay timings and LFO rates

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote: More delay timings and LFO rates

Postby Djen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am

I'd like to see more delay timings and LFO rates in Antidote. While the addition of the "plus" (1/4+, 1/8+, etc.) it would be really nice to be able to do all the other timings and rates we're used to in other Reason devices, such as (6/4, 3/4, etc.)
Djen
Novice

Re: Antidote: More delay timings and LFO rates

Postby eXode » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

Djen wrote:I'd like to see more delay timings and LFO rates in Antidote. While the addition of the "plus" (1/4+, 1/8+, etc.) it would be really nice to be able to do all the other timings and rates we're used to in other Reason devices, such as (6/4, 3/4, etc.)

Actually, the 1/4+ is just another way of writing the same values i.e. 1/8+ = 16/3.

I understand the want for a delay for the LFO but it's unlikely to happen at this point as it might break backwards compatibility (i.a. all users patches would cease to work).

In the meanwhile, If you want a fade in effect you can use the mod envelope with a negative value, i.e.

Set LFO 1 Target to i.e. Filter Cutoff with amount of 50 or similar.
Then use the MOD ENV with as long decay as you want for fade in and no sustain, max release.
Then route the MOD ENV Target o the LFO 1 Amount with -50
eXode
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 pm

No delay on the lfo? Bit poor.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Djen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 am

I was actually talking about more frequencies for the LFO, not LFO delay. I was refering to how most Reason synths have a standard set of timings for LFO knobs and delay times (1/2, 1/4, 6/8, etc.) and was hoping to have them added so that all my devices could have the same LFO timings and the same delay timings.

That said, adding an LFO delay would be nice, and shouldn't break compatibility if it isn't on by default.
Djen
Novice

Return to Wishlist