New Orion

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

New Orion

Postby Raffo0000 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:46 am

Hi Guys,

When Is the new version coming out for this?

Thanks

Ryan
Raffo0000
Novice

Re: New Orion

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 am

This might not be helpful to you or anyone else, but the only true answer is "when it's ready".
Nothing more anyone can tell you.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Raffo0000 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 am

Thanks
Raffo0000
Novice

Postby suecae_sounds » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Also, 8,5 is quite new in itself.
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

Postby El_Capitan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:21 pm

suecae_sounds wrote:Also, 8,5 is quite new in itself.

No it is not.. it's 1 year and 2 months old at this point.. and there has been much of any mention of an Orion 9 from Richard officially on the forums.

Back in June he did say Song Automation was one of the top priorities so far.. but he didn't say when it would be added or really if it actually would. With Dune1/2 and the various Reason REs.. It is looking more to me that Orion is closer to the 5th wheel instead of the flagship product. At least he still seems to be working on it.. but I'm not expecting anything for at least another 6 months.
El_Capitan
Regular

Postby dmassive » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 am

One idea for developers, Orion could release often sample, styles or presets packs, this will keep Orion updated in a some way.

¿How about a Christmas Samples pack? with same jingles, bells, whistles, magic sounds or whatever. Ahhh that will be awesome! People who use Orion will be happy and the other people will start to think in Orion.
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 am

El_Capitan wrote:
suecae_sounds wrote:Also, 8,5 is quite new in itself.

No it is not.. it's 1 year and 2 months old at this point.. and there has been much of any mention of an Orion 9 from Richard officially on the forums.

Back in June he did say Song Automation was one of the top priorities so far.. but he didn't say when it would be added or really if it actually would. With Dune1/2 and the various Reason REs.. It is looking more to me that Orion is closer to the 5th wheel instead of the flagship product. At least he still seems to be working on it.. but I'm not expecting anything for at least another 6 months.

I´m expecting Orion 9 to be the last update. As time goes by Rich is working more on other projects, especially because Dune or the Plugin releases are good stuff and there are plenty of costumers who´d like to use them but they don´t like to use Orion.
And after all those years I think I´d go the same way. Maybe he is just tired of the ol´ lady Orion and/or you earn much more money with other releases with less work?
Anyway, I hope that I´m not right... but there´s very little hope :(
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby Vitaly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 am

How can you might tired of the fact that:
to give water in the wilderness, in a sea lifebuoy, in the forest was your a explorer, was the light at night,in the cold time what to warm, this for did not stay hungry, and what can be an outlet for the mind, heart, and soul ... :?:
Is it possible to build a caravel, and then go on a long voyage, and in one day, to jump into the sea and continue their journey by swimming ... :?:
Is it possible to go ashore with this caravel leaving it to rot in the shallows, and instead of the command and control ship, do endless patching up fishing boats... :?:
Orion program - it is a diamond, which need to constantly sanded, it must be sanded, but remember the main thing: it is a diamond! :!:
Do not twist the handle, if you do not know why you need it!

https://soundcloud.com/vitaly_semenov_semjem
Vitaly
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 am

Yes but if Synapse is making more money selling Rack Extensions and VSTi plugins polishing that Diamond might take a much lower priority. Obviously die hard Orion fans want all the focus to be on it's development but I'm not sure how many of us there are.....I'd wager a guess that there are far more VSTi and RE users....therefore with limited time and resources it makes good financial sense to cater to them.......
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Vitaly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Not a hindrance. Even work on the plug-ins, etc. this is a promotion of company. After all, it all goes in to one booking office. And if all goes well in the company (relationships, finances), then everyone will be happy: both users and manufacturers. The main thing is not to throw the work on the Orion program.
The fact that go the orders are for the products of the Synapse, it already says a lot that the company is developing (sorry if I talk like an amateur). Maybe this will help increase the staff working in the company, which can be divided into departments responsible for work on the core programm, work on applications that work on the promotion company, etc.
I do not know how and how many people work now in the company . But if everyone does it 1 - 5 people, then it is very hard. And they can be called heroes.

Vitaly
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Just 2 code orion.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Vitaly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Kriminal wrote:Just 2 code orion.

I'm sorry, I do not understand ...

can be interpreted as:

Orion.JPG

:?: :?: :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vitaly
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:25 pm

You asked how many work for synapse....the answer is two.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Andy-b » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Let's face it,how many people use Orion,I think Plugins are in the top list of Richard.
It's more easy maintain a plugin with updates and the market it's more receptive.
When Dune was released it was one of more discussed plugin of past years and it generate e lot of interest about Synapse udio,but not Orion,daw market it's more difficult:people can learn new synths,but not so many will change daw.
So I will keep to use Orion as my main daw,but I start lokking around for a replacement :|
Andy-b
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I think for Orion to advance Rich would need to start from scratch, something he prob doesnt want to do. As it is Orion just gets patched up. I agree plugin developement has taken over, but you cant blame him for that.
Kriminal
Immortal

Next

Return to Wishlist