New EP - 'Series50'

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: New EP - 'Series50'

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:53 am

To be fair, you didnt critique his tracks, you just said they were crap :lol:

I had a quick listen, not my genre, not my taste, so i have nothing to say about them.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby kmatm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:15 am

Kriminal wrote:To be fair, you didnt critique his tracks, you just said they were crap :lol:

I had a quick listen, not my genre, not my taste, so i have nothing to say about them.

And that's how you pass by music you're not into.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby dmassive » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:02 pm

LOL I can't wait to publish my cheesy songs to receive comments. :P

The music from OP, is nice for background music in a restaurant, bar or something where you want to create an quiet ambient and people can talk each other without problems.
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby Christophe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 pm

i love this kind of music, i have bought your previous EP and i am happy to know that Orion is still used to compose music professionally :cowboy:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Kriminal wrote:To be fair, you didnt critique his tracks, you just said they were crap :lol:

Maybe you missed this........

Teksonik wrote:Sorry but a simple 4 bar loop played over and over for 7 minutes and run through way too much iZotope Vinyl

Sounds like a critique to me.......... :wink: If you really wanted to be "fair" you'd point out I never called them crap.

When I think of all the real musicians I've known who have worked their butts off to master an instrument and their craft and then I see someone toss something they've spent five minutes creating up for sale it disgusts me. Whether that's what the "genre" is or not.

Anyway I didn't realize that only positive comments are allowed and you can only comment on music "you're into". It's a pretty fragile person who only wants to hear praise.......compliments never pushed anyone to work harder.
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Christophe wrote:am happy to know that Orion is still used to compose music professionally :cowboy:

That's the point. People hear this and think "that's all Orion can do ?" Don't confuse professional with commercial. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Christophe wrote:am happy to know that Orion is still used to compose music professionally :cowboy:

That's the point. People hear this and think "that's all Orion can do ?" Don't confuse professional with commercial. :wink:

Orion didnt compose the track, so thats a rather sweeping statement.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Teksonik wrote:
When I think of all the real musicians I've known who have worked their butts off to master an instrument and their craft and then I see someone toss something they've spent five minutes creating up for sale it disgusts me.

So all those ppl are rich and famous songwriters are they? Must be after working their butts off all those years

...who said it took him 5 minutes to make?
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Kriminal wrote:So all those ppl are rich and famous songwriters are they? Must be after working their butts off all those years

No they're not all rich and famous. If you actually spent time around the music industry you'd know that hard work is never enough. It also takes luck and a break. I've known many talented musicians who never made it big because it's such a cut throat business and they just never got the break they deserved.

Kriminal wrote:...who said it took him 5 minutes to make?

Who said it didn't ? It certainly sounds like it......... :wink:

Like I said if he finds artistic satisfaction from such simplistic endeavors then more power to him.

Anyway I'm done here. This argument is pointless. I think "Dub Techno" is mindless, repetitive, monotonous drivel. Others disagree...so be it. Have a nice day.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:So all those ppl are rich and famous songwriters are they? Must be after working their butts off all those years

No they're not all rich and famous. If you actually spent time around the music industry you'd know that hard work is never enough. It also takes luck and a break. I've known many talented musicians who never made it big because it's such a cut throat business and they just never got the break they deserved.

...or maybe they just werent good enough.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:44 pm

kmatm wrote:My latest EP 'Series50' on my label The Dub Factory has just been released.

Four tracks of deep, minimal, glitchy dub at 50bpm, all produced within Orion, with some external fx.

https://pro.beatport.com/release/series50-ep/1702640
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Christophe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby kmatm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Teksonik wrote:When I think of all the real musicians I've known who have worked their butts off to master an instrument and their craft and then I see someone toss something they've spent five minutes creating up for sale it disgusts me. Whether that's what the "genre" is or not.

Once again you advertise your ignorance and arrogance for the world to see. Are you off your medication or are you just a complete fucking tool? I think I know which it is. Not only do you attempt to offend a complete stranger in the nastiest way possible, you're now taking on an entire genre and sub genre of music!

You've very rapidly accelerated yourself to the prized position of "biggest cunt on the internet".

Deciding like the big man you are, that any genre you don't personally deem worthy regardless of that music's characteristics (which we all know you can never understand with your head so far up your arse) is disgusting, lacks merit and skill is laughable. I don't know if the English language possesses words strong enough to fully capture the contemptuousness you display. I wonder if one of those new galaxies recently discovered was just your head.

So there we have it world, Detroit Techno is dead.
Dub techno is dead.
Minimal techno, dub, dubtronica, electrodub, deep house, minimal house, ambient, drone, and even the ocean and wind are mindless, repetitive, monotonous drivel. One sad, inconsequential little amerikan has thrown his little tantrum, banged his little hammer and ruled the rest of the world irrelevant.
Last edited by kmatm on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby kmatm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks, missed that one! :) It's funny sometimes the places your music turns up, even the torrent sites.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby kmatm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 pm

dmassive wrote:LOL I can't wait to publish my cheesy songs to receive comments. :P

The music from OP, is nice for background music in a restaurant, bar or something where you want to create an quiet ambient and people can talk each other without problems.

Thanks! :) It's funny how 4 song can stir up some crazed emotions. You should give it a go sometime, it can be quite entertaining.
kmatm
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Stuff