Eks Kickdrum Vst Preset Saving Option

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Eks Kickdrum Vst Preset Saving Option

Postby Simsem » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi Everyone.

Apart from the fact that i find the Kickdrum Eks simply brilliant! I really miss the option to save presets.

Maybe i am spoiled but i would really wish for this

Would love to be able to save and structure a user folder in a practical way for me in order to have some
"ready to shoot" or "very happy with the sound" presets

Peace and good sounds to everyone
Simsem
Novice

Re: Eks Kickdrum Vst Preset Saving Option

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

which host are you using?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 am

Thought the same thing.

Maybe there could be help with that if we got more info.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby megawattt » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 am

Hi there Gents.

I can confirm that my EKS-9 and EKS-9 Pro does not save presets (FXP) in Reaper, well it saves them but on reloading the saved preset the settings on the GUI and the sound does not change for that preset, i hope that this problem can be resloved, as the OP has mentioned this is a solid kick drum synth plus i have just bought the pro version so i hope that i have not wasted my money :?
megawattt
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:49 pm

megawattt wrote:Hi there Gents.

I can confirm that my EKS-9 and EKS-9 Pro does not save presets (FXP) in Reaper, well it saves them but on reloading the saved preset the settings on the GUI and the sound does not change for that preset, i hope that this problem can be resloved, as the OP has mentioned this is a solid kick drum synth plus i have just bought the pro version so i hope that i have not wasted my money :?

Just downloaded an evaluation copy of Reaper.
Tried both EKS-9 and EKS Pro.
Saving works fine and recalling them works fine.
The parameters change as well as sound.
Tried for both 32-bit and 64-bit (only EKS Pro works with 64-bit)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:41 am

megawattt wrote: I can confirm that my EKS-9 and EKS-9 Pro does not save presets (FXP) in Reaper,

There is no EKS-9 for sale any longer. Only EKS Pro which I just tried in the full version of Reaper and it saves/loads patches just fine (Win 10 64 bit, Reaper 64 bit, EKS Pro 64 bit).

Do you have an older version called EKS-9 ? ( I don't remember what the older versions were called).
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby megawattt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 am

Hi HYPNAGOGIA and Teksonik.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Reaper, also uninstalled and reinstalled EKS-9 (EKS-9 was the first Synapse Kick drum product)and EKS-9 Pro and am still having the same problem :? i am running the 64 bit version of Reaper on Windows 7 64 bit, if it is working for you both that means i must be doing something wrong but i cannot see what it is, i load the EKS-9 then click on the + sign and select Export VST patch/bank file (.fxp/.fxb) save the file , select Import VST patch/bank file (.fxp/.fxb) - nothing changes :?
megawattt
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:18 am

Well I'm using the newer EKS Pro so I can't say if EKS 9 would work here or not. How old is the EKS 9 version ? I can't remember. Are you eligible for the EKS update ?

EDIT: Found this from back in 2011 when EKS Pro was released:

Richard wrote:Existing EKS-9 customers can upgrade to the EKS Pro for only $19 on the shop page. Note that you can install and run the EKS Pro and EKS-9 in parallel, without any problems.

So you have both the older EKS 9 and the newer EKS Pro ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby megawattt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Teksonik.

I bought the EKS-9 Pro upgrade yesterday and i have the latest EKS-9 (V1.1) 32 and 64 bit, this is really puzzling as it seems to be working for others and my setup is nothing special :?
megawattt
Regular

Postby megawattt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Just an update.

I have just tried to save and recall an EKS-9 Pro fxp in Reaper running on my laptop which has Windows XP 32 bit and I am having the same problem which would surely rule out that it is a problem with my music tower pc, any ideas ? anyone ? :(
megawattt
Regular

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Damn, I remember having that same issue, too. But now I've a kinda fresh Windows 10 installation and so far it works (in Orion and Cubase, can't test Reaper at the moment)
So, was your fresh installation "really" fresh? I mean NO OTHER VSTs. Try that if you didn't already. And maybe you should search in the Reaper Manual. And you could try with another (free or demo) DAW if you didn't try that, too.... For demo DAWs, make sure preset saving is not limited...
My suggestions so far ;)
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby megawattt » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 am

ThehakkeMadman wrote:Damn, I remember having that same issue, too. But now I've a kinda fresh Windows 10 installation and so far it works (in Orion and Cubase, can't test Reaper at the moment)
So, was your fresh installation "really" fresh? I mean NO OTHER VSTs. Try that if you didn't already. And maybe you should search in the Reaper Manual. And you could try with another (free or demo) DAW if you didn't try that, too.... For demo DAWs, make sure preset saving is not limited...
My suggestions so far ;)

Hi ThehakkeMadman.

Thank you for the ideas :) yes, i tried EKS-9 and the pro version on a fresh installation, they both work fine in Orion but not in Reaper (For me) i have this feeling that it might work if i was running Reaper on Windows 10 but i do not have Windows 10, it would be interesting to hear from any Windows 7 users that use EKS-9 or EKS-9 Pro in Reaper to know if they have the same problem or not and it would be great to hear from any of the Synapse team on this issue.
megawattt
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:02 am

I have Win 7 on my Studio computer. I'll test EKS Pro on it next time it's booted. I rarely use EKS in Reaper because I use it mostly for my Guitar based stuff. I use something else for Synth based stuff. I'll let you know how it goes but I don't remember having any problems with EKS before. Could it be a Win 7 Permissions issue ? Do you have Admin Rights to the folder where your EKS presets are ( you should if you can write them there).
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby megawattt » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:08 am

Thank you Teksonik :) please keep me posted, i have full admin rights on my pc.
megawattt
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:04 am

Ok I've tested on my Win 7 machine and indeed if you use "Export VST Patch/Bank File" the preset will not re-load in Reaper (the same patch does reload in FL Studio). So it's something in the way the file is exported that Reaper doesn't like.

However if you use "Save Preset" at the top of Reaper's menu the saved patch will reload with the added bonus it will now appear in the drop down list along with the EKS Factory patches ( above them actually). :)

(They will be .rpl files and not .fxp files but at least they do load in Reaper)
Teksonik
Godlike

Next

Return to Wishlist