Obsession oscillator phase reset

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Obsession oscillator phase reset

Postby kezzah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Any chance we can get an ocillator phase reset button on the backside of the rack extension ... i love the sound but having every note triggering on a different part of the phase maybe ok if your making quaint retro music but in the modern world it would be nice to have the option
kezzah
Novice

Re: Obsession oscillator phase reset

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:15 pm

I don't own the R.E. version but in the VST version Osc Phase is a Mod Matrix Destination. From the Manual:

Osc 1/2 Phase

This destination provides a way to set the initial phase for oscillator 1 and 2. By default, both
oscillators are in free-run mode. For some bass or effect sounds it can be useful to fix the initial
phase, in order to have static transients that do not vary.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm

kezzah wrote:Any chance we can get an ocillator phase reset button on the backside of the rack extension ... i love the sound but having every note triggering on a different part of the phase maybe ok if your making quaint retro music but in the modern world it would be nice to have the option

Tek was being polite.... but

RTFM :roll:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby kezzah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 pm

My bad .... thanks for the reply but this answer still seems a little mad now that you have to use up a space on the already limited mod matrix to do what in most synths is a one button trick
kezzah
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:45 pm

kezzah wrote:My bad .... thanks for the reply but this answer still seems a little mad now that you have to use up a space on the already limited mod matrix to do what in most synths is a one button trick

most synths are not component level emulations of analogue synths
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Exactly, the original does not have this feature (or vintage-analog synths in general for that matter), so it doesn't really belong on the front panel. This is why we put it on the back panel in The Legend too. It is also a feature that is not needed that much in an analog emulation, except for patches that are supposed to sound more digital/static.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby bones » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:46 pm

kezzah wrote:My bad .... thanks for the reply but this answer still seems a little mad now that you have to use up a space on the already limited mod matrix to do what in most synths is a one button trick

But that's what the Mod Matrix is there for. If you want a modern modulation monster, buy DUNE. Not every synth needs every feature of every other synth. Sometimes keeping it simple works better.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Return to Wishlist