Dune 3 goes out of midi sync in DAW

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 goes out of midi sync in DAW

Postby Deleted user » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:11 am

Hi. According to Bitwig support this is something occurring within Dune 3.

I have a simple 3 note midi clip with Dune 3 with effects and I used the Bitwig clip menu to octave the notes down, then octave back up again. The results is the midi clip starts playing out of sync. Tempo is 108.
this occurs while Play is engaged. If I stop and start it syncs back up. (Is this because of effects applied or...)
Windows 10 3.28 Bitwig. Fl studio asio drivers.

Bitwig answers:
this seems to be an issue of Dune, we can't reproduce it so far with internal devices or other VSTs.
Deleted user

Re: Dune 3 goes out of midi sync in DAW

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am

Generally speaking, use the pitch wheel or other modulation sources for realtime transpositions, not the piano roll, which is not intended for this purpose. Almost all plugin standards use a MIDI-type way of handling note on/off events, which means they do not support note changes "on the fly".

That said, you can choose the "Host Sync" option in DUNE 3. It is located in the monitor section, under the SETTINGS tab. This will lock all MSEG/LFOs to the host's PPQ position.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports