Preset browser

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Preset browser

Postby FalcoreM » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:37 pm

The new update is great, although I was hoping an updated preset browser would be on the agenda. I have so many synths in my collection, organizing my patches has become essential to working quickly. And I'm all about workflow these days. My creative process grinds to a halt when I'm slowed down by tedious tasks, and a fast preset browser is a factor I consider when choosing a synth to use in the moment. As an example, U-he probably has some of the best preset browsers these days. I hope you consider this for the next update of Dune, and thanks for doing great work!
M.

P.S I never thought I'd be excited about a comb filter, but this one sounds awesome ;)
FalcoreM
Novice

Re: Preset browser

Postby themachinelt » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:04 am

Yes please, improved preset browser :)

Richard maybe inspiration could be Xfer Serum?

At the beginning they had (and still have) same type of browser as in Dune, but they have exteded/added aditional view where you can sort and favourite the presets. You can do the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby terrablue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Exactly, a decent preset browser is still missing, otherwise Dune 3 is really good. I updated from version 2 to version 3 a few days ago and am thrilled.
terrablue
Novice

Postby Aleksi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:58 am

Yes, i would love this ! Dune 3 is one of my favorite synths, but going through presets is a pain. Zebra 2 have an excellent browser, and a "search" function by tags and favorites is a must today. :music:
Aleksi
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:54 pm

A native preset browser is high on the wishlist, so it will probably happen, but I don't know when just yet.

In the mean time, note our plugins support NKS which can be used for preset browsing. You get the extra benefit that all presets from all NKS-capable plugins are handled from within a single place, which is pretty cool in our opinion. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Carlo Celuque » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi, I am new to Synapse audio and enjoying a lot Dune 3 sounds but I agree that a better preset browser will be much appreciated.
At first I was looking on the GUI for it and since I could not find it on the manual, I understood that there was not such a preset kind browser I was looking for. Maybe adding some Categories, Author would be great!

Any way I am still discovering this amazing beast!

Thanks
Carlo Celuque
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:02 pm

categories are there already, you can even make your own (just add a folder and name it appropriately)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Yes while you're waiting for a new browser there are ways to organize your patches now. Just pre-tag them and you'll be able to find the type of patch you're looking for much easier. The advantage of Dune 3's system is that you can view over 200 patches at a time (I think it's 224 before the display goes to vertical and you have to scroll at least at the monitor resolution/skin size I use). Or use different folders for each type of sound.

Some synths with fancy browsers only display a few patches at a time so you end up scrolling anyway. Granted they do have a method to search for patches but I still find most browsers cumbersome in comparison. But a lot of people ask for a new browser in Dune 3 perhaps more than any other feature request.

D3 062021-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby pat2rome » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:46 am

I'd absolutely love a rework of the wavetable menu; as it's set up right now it's so annoying to audition wavetables further down the alphabet that I barely ever do it. It's closing off so much of the instrument just from inconvenience.
pat2rome
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:07 pm

You can use Sub-Folders in the Wavetable Menu to better organize the files.

D3 071321-1.png

Having said that it would be good if the WT menu were to display horizontally instead of vertically. But even then there would be a linit as to how many could display at one time so sub-folders would still be the way to go.
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist