Dune3 seems a little glitchy when I'm running it in a projec

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune3 seems a little glitchy when I'm running it in a projec

Postby w35prod » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:41 am

So I've just picked up Dune3 and Obsession (Secondhand Licences off Knobcloud) and installed it on my M1 MBP with 16GB ram, and I'm really liking the huge sounds you can coax out of both. However I've noticed that i get these weird occasional pops and glitches when I'm running multiple instances of Dune3 and Obsession along with my other synthesizers from TAL and U-he.

I've never installed the Demo of Obsession or Dune3 so I don't think thats the issue.

My DAW is Bitwig 3 right now, and I havn't upgraded to V4 to get Native support so I installed Dune and Obsession using the Intel installers so I Can run it in Rosetta. The reason I have to do this is because Bitwig doesn't support AU yet, and I'm not sure if it ever will.

So I have Obsession and Dune3 in my M1 Mac in it's own custom directory. I have all my plugins in my /Plugins/VST and /VST3 folders listed by the developer names. So I have Obsession and Dune3 in a folder named Synapse. Would the custom location be causing the weird glitches ?

I've attached a screenshot of my plugin folders in case anyone wants to see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
w35prod
Novice

Re: Dune3 seems a little glitchy when I'm running it in a pr

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Well I can't help with Mac issues since I'm on Windows but I can say that I use multiple instances of DUNE 3 running complex patches in every project and I've never experienced "pops and glitches".

I don't think the location of your plugins should matter. I'm guessing it has something to do with your setup like having to use Rosetta but you'll have to wait for the Mac expert to weigh in. I don't think any of the regular posters here use a Mac so the developers will have to respond.

Just wanted to let you know pops and clicks are not common with Synapse plugins at least on Windows and we don't see other Mac users complaining so it's most likely a system specific issue.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Marcin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:46 pm

At first glance, the issue may comes from running the Intel builds through the Rosetta.
The emulation is never as fast as the native version (mostly if more instances are in use).
At this moment we support only Audio Unit version natively on M1. Please contact us by using the service e-mail address on the contact page: https://www.synapse-audio.com/contactus.html and let us know your e-mail address. We will write back to you as soon as we do have the native VST 3 test version for M1.
Also, the locations of the plugins, data folders etc. has no matter for the performance.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby w35prod » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 pm

Great! Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I'm glad the custom folder thing didn't mess it up as I've had issues with this from other vendors in the past.

Marcin, I will go ahead and give you my email and hope the new vst3 version will help fix this.

Thanks again for all the help everyone. :cowboy:
w35prod
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)