Dune 3.5 issue with Bitwig Beta(?) on Mac

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3.5 issue with Bitwig Beta(?) on Mac

Postby Bittracker » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 pm

Install Dune 3.5 today ans some of my tracks won't play anymore cause a magnificent increase of cpu usage in the instances. Please fix that fast or you can give us a old 3.4 version to download.
I am very pissed off by that.
Working on Bitwig and can't use the 3.5 version cause of this massive cpu usage.
Bittracker
Novice

Re: Dune 3.5 issue with Bitwig Beta(?)

Postby Christophe » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 pm

version 3.4 is in your user service area below 3.5
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Bittracker » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:59 pm

ah See. Thanks a lot. Overseen that in my emotional state. I beginn to cool down mow. :-D
Bittracker
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:44 pm

There shouldn't be anything in this release that would cause "a magnificent increase of cpu usage".

I have not seen any noticeable increase in CPU demand nor has anyone else reported it.

The Max polyphony was raised from 16 to 24 but even using that I haven't noticed much of an increase if at all.

It shouldn't affect your old projects since they should still load with a max of 16 note poly.

DUNE 3 has always been very CPU friendly here and continues to be so.

What OS are you using?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Bittracker » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Hi there,
It is totaly weird. But at some sounds the cpu usage is nearly double. But it behaves diffrent in vst3 vs vst2. Vst2 performs better. Also closing the gui also decreases the cpu usage.
I have no why all this happens.
I am running bitwig 4.5 on big sur on imac 2020 i7 64gb ram.

Using 3.4 of dune and the cpu metering window in bitwig not even moves. Even on big supersaw patches.

But i must admid that i updated bitwig from 4 to 4.5 on the same moment i updated dune.
I think it is better to never update a running system.
Bittracker
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 am

Oh OK I'm on windows so our test results may be different. DUNE 3 has always been very CPU efficient here and I don't notice any real increase with this version.

I just ran a quick test with a fairly complex patch and didn't notice any CPU increase.

I don't own Bitwig so can't test there but since you updated both at the same time it could be harder to nail down the cause.

I haven't noticed anyone in the KVR thread reporting a CPU increase.

Let's see what Synapse says on the issue. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 am

Bitwig's current version is 4.0.7, there is no version 4.5. I suppose you mean 4.1 Beta 5, which is clearly marked as a BETA version that should not be used for anything but testing.

I'm changing the thread title for now, because it is misleading for all non-Mac, non-Bitwig, or non-Beta users. Which is just about everyone on the planet ;)

Either way we are looking into it.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Re: Dune 3.5 issue with Bitwig Beta(?) on Mac

Postby Bittracker » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 am

Thank you for getting things clear here so fast. Awesome help and customer service. I really appreciate that. So I think the problem is more the Beta of Bitwig cause I realize this night that some other plugins like serum and some of the waves stuff really blasting my cpu too. When rebuilt the preset database in Serum my fan on the Mac goes crazy and sound like a vacuum cleaner, or like a PS4 pro so to said. :-D
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Next time I* ll take care first and analyze the problem before I wasting your time. Hands down.
Bittracker
Novice

Return to Bug Reports