How to tell which folder a Wavetable is expected to be in

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

How to tell which folder a Wavetable is expected to be in

Postby sean8877 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:27 pm

I have some 3rd party preset banks and they are giving the error message "Wavetable 'bender' not found. Default will be used'. I do have the file 'bender.wt' in my 'C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Wavetables' folder which I assume is the default location for a wavetable in Dune 3. But the patches must be looking in a custom folder for that wavetable I'm assuming. I can't find any place in the patch or bank setting where it specifies a folder where it is expecting the wavetable to exist. Does anyone know where a custom wavetable location is configured for a patch or bank so that I can copy the wavetable file to the folder it's expecting? Thanks.
sean8877
Novice

Re: How to tell which folder a Wavetable is expected to be i

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:50 pm

To the best of my knowledge as long as the WTs are somewhere in the Wavetable folder DUNE 3 should find them.

I just did a test patch and moved the WT into another sub-folder and the patch still loaded fine so I don't think a custom folder location is saved within each patch.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby sean8877 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:37 am

Teksonik wrote:To the best of my knowledge as long as the WTs are somewhere in the Wavetable folder DUNE 3 should find them.

I just did a test patch and moved the WT into another sub-folder and the patch still loaded fine so I don't think a custom folder location is saved within each patch.

Thanks for testing that out. It's strange that I'm getting the WT not found error when I can see the wavetable file in the main wavetable folder. Maybe the patches are corrupted or something, I think I'll contact the preset developer. Thanks again for the reply.
sean8877
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:10 pm

I'm wondering if the WT itself is corrupted or improperly formatted?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:38 pm

Which soundbank is it from?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:27 pm

Teksonik wrote:I'm wondering if the WT itself is corrupted or improperly formatted?

There is also the possibility that the wavetable is meant for another synth and therefore incompatible.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:07 am

I suppose it's possible. What other synths use the .wt extension? I checked Hive 2, Vital, and ANA 2.

I assume the OP would have noticed if the file in question had a different extension but you never know..... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:39 am

sean8877 wrote:I have some 3rd party preset banks and they are giving the error message "Wavetable 'bender' not found. Default will be used'. I do have the file 'bender.wt' in my 'C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Wavetables' folder which I assume is the default location for a wavetable in Dune 3. But the patches must be looking in a custom folder for that wavetable I'm assuming. I can't find any place in the patch or bank setting where it specifies a folder where it is expecting the wavetable to exist. Does anyone know where a custom wavetable location is configured for a patch or bank so that I can copy the wavetable file to the folder it's expecting? Thanks.

You can load the wavetable and save the preset, it is a bit long if you have a lot of preset but it will work
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:03 pm

But if the WT is in the proper folder and the preset isn't loading it for some reason will he be able to manually load it?

Doesn't look like the OP is coming back so we may never know what happened. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)