Synths/FX and OP after complete reinstall.

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 am

You're right I don't understand why you're taking the liberty to speak for Rich.

Yes why would Rich want to code useful features into Orion? You guys just crack me up. So unwilling to embrace new ideas or concepts.

Why should I manually move 'dlls around? I've found that some vsts don't like being moved after install. Why should I manually create folders when I can let the software do that? Why should I look through every plugin I have installed all the time when I'm only using certain ones at the time? Why should I rearrange the contents of all my vst folders just for Orion when all my other hosts organize my plugin layouts for me? Why do I constantly feel the obligation to justify my wishes to users who don't have a clue?

I simply said I'd love to see better plugin management in Orion. If Rich doesn't have the time, resources, or desire to implement a Plugin Manager then I understand completely. However that doesn't diminish my desire to have one in a future version of Orion. I assume development will not stop at version 8.....................
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 am

Teksonik wrote:If Rich doesn't have the time, resources, or desire to implement a Plugin Manager then I understand completely. However that doesn't diminish my desire to have one in a future version of Orion. I assume development will not stop at version 8.....................

we both understand now :hihi:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby V/M » Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 am

ccarrieres wrote:..he will never code :
a browser like ableton or FL (use the windows explorer)

good, in my opinion, i can't explain why.. but I really didn't care for the browser in either.

ccarrieres wrote:a inline wave editor like reaper or ableton (use a specific tool)

this could be useful, but I honestly still do all of my audio recording and editing outside of Orion. A habit I got into back when I was using AC97 and Orion couldn't record from it. I believe that having a light-weight basic audio editor inside Orion to perform simple edits would be great for many users.. while saving more advanced editing to some other software.

ccarrieres wrote:a plugin manager allowing you to create folder, to sort your vst into category like in sonar (use the windows explorer)

in contrast to my previous opinion, today I think this would be a great idea.
V/M
Professional

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 pm

I think you're right Hypna. And it's usually the 'freeware dev's' with the wild names for plug ins. I don't mind if they say 'Glitch Girl FX' or 'Crystal Synth'. But when it's just 'Whix' or 'Galatix' - what the heck are those things again? Sometimes it's a nice surprise to discover Whix is a FX, and just what I needed. But more often than not, it's still a waste of time and confusion. But those were the crasy days of 'everything and the kitchen sink' for me. Now it's just the most with the least. ;)
Last edited by Dungeon Studio on Tue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks