small req: extract bundled samples.

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby matthy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Do you also always have the idea that you have a sample but cant find it back or yust simply lost then, but know you used in a other song.

well thats why i alway's bundle my samples in the orion song itself. what is a great feature by the way,

however while its great that you can import and as i said i alway's get lost of my samples. this same problem occurs when i want to use the same sample in an other song. therefore i would love to see a small feature to extract the bundled samples so i can use them again. just like what reason4 and fl-studio has.

what do you all think?

Cheers
Matthy
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 pm

With Merge, you'll be able to import the entire instrument holding your samples (sampler, drumrach, audio track) directly from one of your songs into your current project. Works even with bulk imports, ie. you'll be able to import multiple instruments at once.

And if that doesn't work for you (although, I can't see why wouldn't it), you can always make Templates with your setup containing your samples.
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 am

I think being able to extract bundled samples would be very handy for collaboratio9n. My bandmate often sends me stuff with bundled samples and that forces me to always work with that file when sometimes it would be easier to start afresh and just reload the bits I want to keep.
Even better would be a system to collect up all the resources used in a song and copy them to a new folder, so that everything you need is in one place but the.sfs file doesn't end up being too big. Somethign like that woudl make archiving old material really simple and woudl allow you to keep your samples folder down to a more manageable size. As it is, I'm sure i have hundreds of megs of samples I'll never use but I am afraid to delete anything just in case I have used it somewhere, many years ago.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby V/M » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 am

bones wrote:Even better would be a system to collect up all the resources used in a song and copy them to a new folder, so that everything you need is in one place but the.sfs file doesn't end up being too big. Somethign like that woudl make archiving old material really simple and woudl allow you to keep your samples folder down to a more manageable size.
this bundling method would also allow for multiple versions of the sfs that share the sample files.
V/M
Professional

Postby suecae_sounds » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:27 am

As it is, I'm sure i have hundreds of megs of samples I'll never use but I am afraid to delete anything just in case I have used it somewhere, many years ago.

Same here. Good ideas Matthy + Bones!
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

Postby matthy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm

thats indeed also a good idea bonus. however the folder has also needs to be found on others pc's. so if the song is in C:somethingfile.sfs the samples will be in C:somethingsamples and when you rename the whole dir to songs so you get C:songsfile.sfs and C:songssamples he still needs to be able to find the samples. I think this is now not the case which is pretty irritating because then you have to do find samples select dir etc, etc...

Also another idea. I have furderly investigated how they did it in other studio's and what FL did was just genius. what they did is to bundle the samples in your song it created in stead of a song file with bundled binaries a zip file that you can open in FL itself. the zip containing the samples and the samples. no problems with searching. still bundled, easy to extract and easy to send.
Last edited by matthy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Return to Wishlist