DUNE ONLINE PRESET

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE ONLINE PRESET

Postby Andy-b » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:07 pm

I download Synthmaster demo,in my opinion,it have a really useful option,you can upload and download user preset direct from the plugin,I think it will be a good improvement for Dune and maybe for the future Synapse synth,and Orion why not ? :wink:
Andy-b
Regular

Re: DUNE ONLINE PRESET

Postby ufo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:26 pm

In 16 years I have never had a music production computer attached to the 'web' (although in the old days we used to call the net BBS - http://www.pcmech.com/article/bbs-daze/)
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Richard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:24 am

For stage and offline studio this would be inconvenient. I guess it is more used as an additional copy protection, rather than offering the user extra value. Some recent games take it to the extreme so that you cannot play them without being online 100%. The data is simply not stored on your computer anymore, but on their servers.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Andy-b » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:18 am

Richard wrote:For stage and offline studio this would be inconvenient. I guess it is more used as an additional copy protection, rather than offering the user extra value. Some recent games take it to the extreme so that you cannot play them without being online 100%. The data is simply not stored on your computer anymore, but on their servers.

I tray explain me better:These is an example of what I think
I made a new Dune preset and I'm very proud of it,or I'm too generous :wink: so I want share with other Dune users,in normal way I made a zip file with preset/bank,then I'm going online I upload somewhere,then going to various forums and I say:hallo these is my preset free for you etc.
Or,when I save the preset a simple dialog ask to me: would you like share these preset ? if I say yes the preset is available to all users,when other users search for a new online preset they can just download without live the instrument,after you have the preset phisically on your computer,so you can use offline too.
The drawback of these function is about commercial preset,but these is about people honesty,I think

Cheers
Andy-b
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 am

Zen sounds exactly like the thing you need, have a look at Big Tick site...not sure if Dune is on the list yet.....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Philippe Tavares » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:03 am

:( Zen doesn't work in Orion...for me anyway ! I had asked to Big Tick and he replied he has gone to ask Rich about this .... i don't know if it's done ...
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Richard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:54 am

I'm in touch with him :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Wishlist