Wishlist 2012 Discussion (Sticky)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Wishlist 2012 Discussion (Sticky)

Postby Lance » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Tek, unnecessary to be so critical toward that innocent post in which I have just explained that even a short message may have a meaning, a purpose and count as a feedback because it adds 'a vote' to a commonly asked thing, improved automation.

The guy wanted automation improvement and left that up to Rich what it will be. :wink:
Lance
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Lance wrote:The guy wanted automation improvement and left that up to Rich what it will be. :wink:

If Rich knew what improvements the guy wanted...wouldn't he have already put them in? Like I said it's not possible for Rich or anyone else to know what every user could possibly want...again if he did there would be no feature requests...... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Kriminal wrote:Hide FX Section

we can hide the EQ section, so its time to add hide fx too, this is especially useful for mixing, where i can have the desk at the bottom and the playlist at the top and adjust volumes while the song is playing
cheers

+1

In fact I'd add the ability to Show/Hide all the elements of the Mixer. Sends Inserts EQ and Busses.....(don't see much point in hiding the volume fader but who knows, someone may want to I guess).....
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby funky koval » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Wow, sure feels nice to be dragged into this. Lance is absolutely right, when I made that post I thought everybody already knew what the deal with the song automation system is. We discussed it to death a while back. I don't care what improvements are implemented I'll take anything over the current one, that's up to Rich. Automation clips, automation attached to the playlist, splines etc. I'll take any of those.
funky koval
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

funky koval wrote:Wow, sure feels nice to be dragged into this. Lance is absolutely right, when I made that post I thought everybody already knew what the deal with the song automation system is. We discussed it to death a while back. I don't care what improvements are implemented I'll take anything over the current one, that's up to Rich. Automation clips, automation attached to the playlist, splines etc. I'll take any of those.

I simply used your post as an example, had you gone into more detail I wouldn't have done so. You'll take anything, you really don't care? Sounds less like a feature request and more like a desperate plea.........

Maybe Krim was right......

Kriminal wrote:asking for stuff without explaining why you want it just shows how much thought goes into the wishes....

------
funky koval wrote: We discussed it to death a while back

And apparently nothing was resolved.....so perhaps it needs to be discussed....again......in a little more detail than " I want something "...........?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 am

Mark wrote:Do you really want Richard to waste his time to read through lots of threads each dedicated to singular wishes along the line of the global patterns thread?

As opposed to reading a bunch of ideas in one thread, then trying to work out if anyone is interested in any of them by reading a separate thread. I'd suggest he probably would, in that anyone could immediately dismiss any thread with no comments, which it seems would be most of them.
The titles of the two threads are very clear though. And might I point out that a wishlist technically is a list of wishes which is what we have (conveniently labelled Wishlist 2012 wishes only).

Its just a name, what the first thread has become is a list of ideas, some of which are already in place, others of which make no sense and still others that are bad ideas for Orion. It contains no indication of the value or popularity of any of it. I can't see why Rich would look at it at all (not sure why I did).
Plus you get the bonus of being able to discuss it in a clearly labelled discussion thread (conveniently labelled Wishlist 2012 Discussion). Only an idiot could miss that distinction :wink:

Really? Can you point me to any of that because I cannot reconcile one thread to the other at all. i.e. The discussion here does not seem to have been bred from the other, with maybe one or two exceptions.
Lance wrote:I was just lurking on the PreSonus forum on the other day and there's a similar topic there too called 'request one'. It's one request per user and no discussion allowed, it's exactly for the same purpose like our Wishlist 2012, to create a list of requests/wishes for the developers to get feedback and to cherry-pick from them.

That is an equally stupid idea. How are they to know which wishes might make the largest number of users happy or which ones might completely ruin everything for others? Perhaps it is a sign that the developers have run out of ideas and/or really don't care about the product any more?
It's for the purpose for Rich to get some ideas about the most common wishes

Except there is no mechanism there for him to know which are common and which nobody cares about. This is exactly why it is a waste of time.
(as I see it Automation improvements lead)

Do you think Rich is so out of touch that he needed a new thread to work this out? I give him more credit.
Anyway, Bones may perfectly shout down the requests here, he could tell what's his problem with them.

If I needed to but the fact is this thread shows that none of the requests in the other thread have any support at all. Its like separating the threads has done my job for me.
Rich is a very intelligent and rational person.

Exactly, yet you seem to think he needs guidance from a bunch of idiots.
Mark wrote:I'm glad someone agrees :mrgreen:

Really? I'd think the opposite if it was Lance agreeing with me.
Lance wrote:Regarding the Automation wishes, I think we can have an idea already what the 'automation needs work' means in the context.

We've seen previously that this is not true. Automation Tracks were Rich's response to these requests but what most people really wanted was spline-based automation. I'm sure he understands that now but at the time his interpretation was quite different.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here we are now, having devoted half this discussion to the discussion itself. What a waste of time. (Lucky I'm not working at the moment.)
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby traumatek » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 pm

'The idea was to keep that thread pared down (for Richard's benefit), but to have any extraneous information in the discussion thread (for everyone's benefit).'

Mark, as one that understands your reasoning, I think it was a good idea!

'You and bones clearly don't like the idea or think it has failed,'

bones doesnt understand and as usual, angrily attacks anything that doesnt fit his line of thinking
traumatek
Regular

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks traumatek for your support.

@bones, I've done enough explaining. I will not be discussing it any more. I will remove any points that are not pertinent to the thread's title tomorrow (including my own).
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Mark wrote: I will remove any points that are not pertinent to the thread's title tomorrow (including my own).

So basically this thread will be empty by tomorrow? :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Indeed :lol:

Apathy rules :music:
Mark

Postby Lance » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Audinomaly wrote:Initialize Loop from Pattern

I wish I could select a loop area on the Playlist and insert the patterns currently selected for all generators in Pattern Mode.

I often get into a groove I want to build on quickly - something I can't often do because currently I have to reconstruct the whole setup generator-by-generator.

Set the Playlist cursor then press F9 [function key]!
Lance
Guru

Postby iam7zark7 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 am

Lance wrote:Set the Playlist cursor then press F9 [function key]!

I was gonna tell him that yesterday, but I thought that I might get ridiculed for stating the obvious, or telling him something he already knows, or for not speaking specifically enough to his wish, or for not letting him just have his wish or some nonsense.

*Plus, I had already responded in full when I realized that I was still at the "wish" thread and not the "discussion" thread.
I have done this twice now and, in this instance it made me decide that posting my reply was too much trouble.

But, my real point is...(without actually saying "you can already do that!")

Yes, set cursor and press F9.

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm

musicale wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Hide FX Section

we can hide the EQ section, so its time to add hide fx too, this is especially useful for mixing, where i can have the desk at the bottom and the playlist at the top and adjust volumes while the song is playing
cheers

+1
if you mean just the inserts independently from the Sends knobs, or both but independently.
Mark

Postby JoeC » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 am

Lance wrote:I was just lurking on the PreSonus forum on the other day and there's a similar topic there too called 'request one'. It's one request per user and no discussion allowed, it's exactly for the same purpose like our Wishlist 2012, to create a list of requests/wishes for the developers to get feedback and to cherry-pick from them.

Yeah, a user started that thread with clear rules to keep people from shouting down the wishes of others under the mistaken idea that the loudest voice wins. It's not his job to worry about how the devs may or may not parse that information if they should choose to.

Nobody is in that thread arguing about or dismissing anyone else's feature requests either.

Again, it's not the users job to worry about how the company collects that kind of info, or how useful it may or may not be, nor to tell anyone else how they should be working, nor to incorrectly assume that a internet forum where only a relative few people regularly participate is the only source of valuable information for things like that.

It's not, because a lot of the guys in the company work in the industry, so not every user (actually the vast majority aren't) regularly on the forums discussing FRs in that particular case.
JoeC
Novice

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:54 pm

ThehakkeMadman wrote:I like all suggestions about the event editor. It´s a BIG waste of time to edit event details.
Why just a tool to move the whole event? Why not just selecting a part of the event that could be moved, copied or deleted?
Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist