Wishlist 2012 Discussion (Sticky)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Wishlist 2012 Discussion (Sticky)

Postby knechtodawas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am

If patterns in the playlists are moved, song automations of the corresponding insert and send effects should be moved too. Until now only generator and mixer events (gain, EQ, insert on/off, pan etc.) are moved. The parameters of effects stay where they are.

I posted this issue in the wishlist thread. I want to explain a little bit why this is so important to me. If I arrange a track I draft most of the parts first. Then I add more details, transitions and so on. At some point I recognize, that some parts of the track have to be longer to make smooth transitions. If I move the patterns in the playlist, most events (generator and mixer events) are moved along with the patterns. But every event belonging to an effect parameter (e.g. Cutoff of a filter plug-in) is NOT moved. As I use much effect automation this is a P.I.T.A! I have to go through each effect plug-in I used, search for automation and redraw/rerecord it a few bars later! This absolutely kills my workflow and my joy in making music. I assume that this behaviour of Orion is not intended! So it may be rather a bug fix than a feature request. I contacted Rich a few months ago and he told me that he will have a look into it. Can any of the beta testers or Synapse staff tell me if this may be fixed in 2012?
knechtodawas
Regular

Postby dmassive » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:08 pm

knechtodawas wrote:
If patterns in the playlists are moved, song automations of the corresponding insert and send effects should be moved too. Until now only generator and mixer events (gain, EQ, insert on/off, pan etc.) are moved. The parameters of effects stay where they are.

I posted this issue in the wishlist thread. I want to explain a little bit why this is so important to me. If I arrange a track I draft most of the parts first. Then I add more details, transitions and so on. At some point I recognize, that some parts of the track have to be longer to make smooth transitions. If I move the patterns in the playlist, most events (generator and mixer events) are moved along with the patterns. But every event belonging to an effect parameter (e.g. Cutoff of a filter plug-in) is NOT moved. As I use much effect automation this is a P.I.T.A! I have to go through each effect plug-in I used, search for automation and redraw/rerecord it a few bars later! This absolutely kills my workflow and my joy in making music. I assume that this behaviour of Orion is not intended! So it may be rather a bug fix than a feature request. I contacted Rich a few months ago and he told me that he will have a look into it. Can any of the beta testers or Synapse staff tell me if this may be fixed in 2012?

Sometimes this problem can be fixed using MIDIOuts, but you are right.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9134
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby knechtodawas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Thank you for this workaround. I will try it with my next project.
knechtodawas
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm

knechtodawas wrote:Implementation of Melodyne's ARA interface.

why? a least give a decent reason, thats was the plan for the thread
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:28 am

From viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9502&view=unread#p98735
RaymanSorra wrote:Kind daypart participants of forum of Orion.
I want at once to ask an apology for my bad English.
My suggestion in relation to the improvement of mixer.
It would be desirable what to the slots of "Insert" the regulators of automation were added, and what automation was the same smooth and comfortable as it admits at a volume or other regulator.
From the sharp attack of channels of "Insert" unalways turns out to obtain a necessary effect, it is necessary to spend plenty of time on editing of great number of regulators of effect, in Patterns.
It related to the insertion already of the prepared tuning of effect, and his smooth appearance.

Your proposition, judging by the image, sounds exactly what Sends are for.. at least to me.

-----------------------------------
PS. I think now I understand why Bones was opposing the two separate threads on the same thing. No one ever discusses their wishes, or give reasons why they need/want certain features, they just plop it out there and that's it. The rest of us are left to wonder what the heck is that all about.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 am

The idea was to plop their ideas at the Wishes only thread and then discuss them here.........apparently the concept is too deep......

In RaymanSorra's case it's quite obviously a language issue.

Take this feature request for example.......

traumatek wrote:I'd still hope to see drag & drop for samples into the sampler/drum machine
That's something I'd really benefit from

What is there to discuss?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 am

Here we go. I'm not going to go through why there are two threads again. Anyway, seeing as some people don't understand the idea, I suggest you post where you like. I really have very little time to be bothered about those two particular threads at the moment.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 am

They've pretty much died/been ignored anyway.......... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby RaymanSorra » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:32 am

I beg pardon, if my pre-going report was not clear.
Do I know English very badly, a report has to be transferred by the programs by translators, in turn I can leave a report in the language - but here is a problem will you be "able to transfer him or get it right"?
Language on which I talk Russian.
Bad translation quality it is unmaybe correct to carry idea. :(
RaymanSorra
Novice

Postby jammie1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm

total ultan remake as you dont really control whats happening its all hit and miss

i have lots of ideas but ultran could be the wavestation for orion as it lets you use your own samples but its not easily done and

very hard to create the control do away with the text files and make each of the 4 osc a sample osc loadable via osp or sf2

ad ring modulation mixer and have a filter for each osc and a vca for each osc and then a final vca for each osc so that it can be vectored mixered

this will give you the abiltity to have transient samples and single cycle synth waveforms to create wild and expessive patches

the korg wavestaion and the prophet vs are my most used synths along with the an1x the z1 and the sy85 and sy99

and my t1 and t3ex these are very expressive synths and they work great easy to program

but on my asr10 i can do most of these patches with my own samples

this would make the ultran an very usable synth

the wavefusion needs to be able to have its own wavetable for each of its osc this will bring it in programability of the waldorf blofeld and largo but with user wavetables unlike the largo which does not

also an inclusion of max/msp like live where you can create modules to make specific tasks in controling synths and user sound modules for orion
jammie1
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 pm

toniterrassa wrote:I think it's very necesary best audio recording, because is very bad the recording and the editing audio in Orion.

I can understand about editing, but what's wrong with recording?
And the posibility to change the synth of one track if we want like on FL Studio.

And just because you said "like on FL Studio", it won't happen :lol:
Another thing to add is visual automation like in Reason.

I didn't realize Orion has a non-visual automation, or to say it differently, lacks the visual representation of it, but for us non-Reason folks, please elaborate.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby iam7zark7 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 am

pHFx wrote:re:LIVE AUDIO IN
not that bothered about VST3. there are thousands of viable effects to
check out out there already...what do you use when you want to plug in
a source and see what a plugin does to it?

i'd just like to have a stereo/mono input channel with the usual strip,
and to be able to record to disk like that, with the other channels playing.
(or can i do this already and i missed it?)

nb: not really interested in new standards or stuff. more about getting
basic things and good workflow improved.

Already possible

Song mode: Set your inputs and input monitoring to suit. Insert audio-track with the correct inputs selected. Check input levels and add insert f/x to suit. Practice (with or without backing tracks). Enable track record. Check the manual for details.

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am

chrisqhq wrote:I think the Variable Filter of Orion needs an overhaul.
At the moment it only goes down to 200 Hz which is really not sufficient from my point of view.

For sure, this belongs to the first-generation of effects added to Orion. Now, we can not only make a much better sounding filter, but use the trick eXode suggested for our filter rack extension, which is to add a sidechain to control filter frequency. :D

This opens up completely new worlds not accessible via automation or CV. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Christophe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

Richard wrote:For sure, this belongs to the first-generation of effects added to Orion. Now, we can not only make a much better sounding filter, but use the trick eXode suggested for our filter rack extension, which is to add a sidechain to control filter frequency. :D

This opens up completely new worlds not accessible via automation or CV. :)

we already have a side chain filter, don't we ?
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby ufo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Rich - sounds like you are thinking about that FPP! (Filter Pig Plugin)
I am always open to a new filter...............with mots of lodulation.

mmmmmmmmmm :drool:
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist